Chapter 27 - Simon

Author's note: I am so excited to hear what you guys think about this chapter. :D Sooooo nervous and excited it's crazy. So let me know!

Also, please point out any mistakes in spelling and grammar so I can fix them! Thank you!!

Simon's point of view

Eros was fine. Stunningly so, even. Dylan and I had been looking after him since the Benjamin debacle, but he didn't seem to need us all that much. He had been shopping for furniture with his mom and stepdad, watching movies with Ellen on nights that they were both staying at the apartment and applying for any job he could find. He'd even been talking to Hammerhead about the possibility of finishing high school in one form or another, so that he'd actually be able to apply to college if he wanted to. He was working on his future. It was so nice to see that he wasn't just making plans for him and Demona as a couple, but also for himself, apart from her. She might be the reason he was trying so hard, but I could tell it was more than that. Finally, at the age of twenty, he had matured enough to realize that he couldn't live off his stepdad's credit card his entire life. That he needed goals. The fact that he was staying away from alcohol did wonders as well, obviously.

It was a shame that Dylan was in a pit of sadness these days. The two friends seemed to have switched places. Eros was dealing with the situation like a champ – better than anyone had expected, even me – while Dylan was handling the break-up with Carl so horribly that it took me off guard. He had always seemed like such a chilled, feet-on-the-ground kind of guy that I had never expected him to crawl into bed and watch stupid soap series while eating potato chips, all hope gone from his eyes. It was hard to watch him like this. This wasn't the Dylan I'd come to know.

Eros and I showed up at his place as often as we could, bringing him more comfort food. Sometimes, that's just what you need, isn't it? For your friends to accept that you're not doing great and to bring you bags of cheese onion chips. At least he wasn't getting stupidly drunk, which was definitely what Eros would be doing in his position.

Dylan and I were lounging on his bed, drinking a soda and watching the shopping channel, when Eros burst in without knocking. Dylan nearly choked on his drink and sat up coughing. I smacked him on the back a few times, laughing along with Eros.

"Couldn't you warn me?" Dylan scolded me. "You must have felt him coming!"

"Yeah," I agreed. "This way is just way more fun."

Eros didn't have the patience to joke around for much longer. "It's time for a plan," he announced, too excited to sit down. "We're gonna break out Julia Foul."

Dylan and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows. These days, we didn't need many words to know what the other was thinking.

"Why would we want to do that?" Dylan asked, voicing both of our concerns. "KTS is making sure to monitor every entry way around the motel and Ben surely will come for his mother at one point. This is our best chance at getting Ben and waking up Dem."