Chapter 48 - Eros

A big thanks to @SholaHughes for editing for me. 

Feel free to point out mistakes that were missed. I try to give you the most perfect version of every chapter, and having an editor helps a lot with that, but we're both only human. If we missed anything, please tell me, so I can fix it.

I am quite proud of this chapter, so I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

Eros' point of view

Giving back 'my' power of mind control to Demona was horrible. It had felt so right to have the strange sensation of being able to control minds in my system again that I didn't really want to let it go. It felt just like it had just before all hell had rained down on me when Demona had tricked me into having sex with her, lying to me about it being safe. I had been in control, with some help from Demona, Simon and Benjamin. I had been learning to stop myself from controlling minds and I'd gotten quite good at it.

I knew that I had to get used to the idea of Demona being the true master of the compulsion, but that was hard when she so obviously hated it with the same intensity that she missed it the moment it left her body and shifted to me. The power swaps were hard for both of us. We had been swapping back and forth every few days now and each time that dark mist settled in my body, I couldn't help but feel better than I did without it.

Demona's jealousy was hard to handle, especially since we could only talk over the phone, since she was always in isolation and I was confined to a single room off and on. I knew that she hated feeling that way, but she couldn't help it. After so many years of messing up and letting my powers burst out without even realizing it, compelling myself even, I finally felt like I knew how to handle it. She wanted to have that same confidence when she was back in control, but she didn't. Truth was she didn't trust herself with it, not after what had happened between us on that bed.

I was the only one who really understood the way she felt. I had felt the same way many times before, after all. I recalled the realization of looking into the eyes of the person you were kissing and see nothing in there, to realize that they were only kissing you back because you were making them. Of course, I hadn't minded getting naked with her, I would like to do just that every single day of my life, but not like that. I had been careful of handling myself and my urges around her for a long time now, so I was used to that part as well, always having to pull back when the mind control started to seep into her, but it was new for her. It would take a long time before she made her peace with it, just like I had.

Luckily, Demona's training was going well. She was able to stop herself from controlling someone's mind the second Cornelia yelled at her to stop. The power hadn't grown in two weeks, so that must mean that she was reaching the maximum extent of her powers – for now, at least.

In fact, Cornelia was talking about allowing her to actually get out of the hospital for a few hours, because even the stern witch was feeling bad for her at this point. Demona felt like the walls were closing in on her and she was definitely not happy. Far from it. She didn't complain about it, but Simon and I both felt on a daily basis how this was eating away at her. She liked to jump around, dance, talk, kiss, be the little bouncy ball of energy that she had always been, but that was impossible when she was always on her own, in that damn room she had been in for so long now.

What was the use of waking her up from a coma only to lock her up?

***

"We're ready to go," Demona sang loudly as she skipped out of the hospital, doing a pirouette in the parking lot. "And we don't even know whatever way the wind will take us, but our eyes are aglow. And we're ready to go!"