001. Stitches

Johnny's POV

It's been a year since Mackenzie and I met. Since we fell in love, and I've never been better. I talked to my family and friends more. It's like those five years, were caught up in five days. And I owe it all to her.

Tap on window

I look over from my phone to my window. Immediately a smile formed on my face. She's here. I jumped out of my bed, and went to open the window.

"Took you long enough" Mackenzie spoke climbing through the window

"I was just staring at something beautiful."

"WHO?!" She screamed realizing I didn't say her name. I stared at her for a minute, until a look of realization hit her.

"It was me wasn't it?" She sighed

"Yep" I picked her up, and swung her around the room by her waist. Our bodies were inches apart, and I never wanted her to leave.

"Stop we have to get ready for school." She laughed planting her feet on the ground. I kissed her with passion, and it grew deeper by the second. I craved for her.

"Johnny it's - Oh my god" Mom came in the door

" MOM! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT KNOCKING? " I asked slamming my door in her face. A look of embarrassment filled my body, and from the looks of it, Mackenzie had the same feeling.

"That was so embarrassing. Are you ok?" I asked finally having the courage to speak again.

"Yeah I'm ok. Now imagine if that was my mom. She would've grabbed her camera, and took a picture first." She joked fixing her hair in the mirror. Today was the first day back from summer break, and I'm ecstatic to go back. Back to my friends and that's it. Carson left to his family's beach house in Miami for the summer, while Hayden went to his grandma's house in Pennsylvania. I can't wait for them to come back.

"I'll see you at school?" Mackenzie asked gathering her things from my bed. I gave her a small smile in return and watched her climb out the window. I wonder what life would be without her?

Downstairs

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know she was there. I know I should've respected your privacy, and knocked just don't be mad please" My mom begged the second I came into sight. Her eyes watched me, as I stared in shock.

"Mom I'm not mad. Just a little embarrassed that's all. What's for breakfast?" A look of relaxation came across her face.

"We have pancakes and bacon. I hope you enjoy it." Lauren answered coming from the other side of the kitchen. Her hair was in a high bun, with a grey sweater on. It wasn't even cold outside.

"Morning" My dad said jogging down the stairs. He had a black suit, on and well, black on period.

"Morning" I greeted him with a smile. He came up behind me, and ruffled up my hair. I groaned in discomfort.

"Dad. I just did my hair." I groan hitting my head on the table. I heard him chuckle above me, then went to go greet my mom with a kiss.

"Ew that is gross" Lauren gagged sitting in the seat across from me

"Like you don't do it" I joked with a mouth full of food. She gave me a death glare, and I quickly shut my mouth.

"Speaking of ew, the next time you and Mackenzie decided to have a make-out session. Lock the door please." My mom joked. But for some reason, I think she was serious

"You should have knocked on the door. Now you've seen something you shouldn't have" I sassed like a girl. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy before walking away.

Phone rings

"JOHNNY!" Carson yelled on the other side of the phone

"CARSON!" I yelled back playfully

"Where are you?" He asked but I barely heard him. There was a loud honking noise on the other end.

"A dude can't eat breakfast?" I asked offended while shoving a piece of pancake in my mouth

"Not for this long." He reprimanded

"Well I just started," I whined

"Where's Hayden?"

"He said he'll meet us there. He's gonna be a little late" I answered

"What about Kenzie?"

"She should be on her way here. We're supposed to walk to school together." I said getting giddy inside

"What do you mean on her way? She lives next door." He complained

"I'll go get her then we'll see you at school?" I asked wanting to finish my breakfast in peace

"Do it now please"

"love you?"

"Screw you"
Hangs up

I finished my breakfast, then left for Kenzie's house. We were so excited to walk to school together. Believe it or not, she wanted to share a locker this year. I'm not complaining. To her. I ran up her steps and rung the doorbell.

"Oh hi, Johnny. Sorry, you just missed her. She seemed in a hurry." Melissa greeted me at the door. It wasn't what usually happened unless something happened with Mackenzie.

"Well did she seem mad or upset? Was she ok?" I asked bombarding her with questions. She shook her head no, and I started to get worried.

"Thank you" I walked out of the house and ran to school. The school is only down the corner, but it felt like it was across the town. I approached the school, and saw Carson chilling in a tree.

"Carson!" I yelled catching his attention. A look of confusion filled his face, while I look of worried filled mine.

"Where's Kenzie?" Carson asked

"Where's Hayden? "

"Guess he's still running late"

"Her mom said she left a few minutes before I came"

We continued to talk about where they might be, and how we could find then. Nothing was logical enough. A girl with brown hair came up to me, and tapped my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you, but you needed to know" She began softly. I was confused as to what she was talking about

"What are you talking about?" Carson asked

"In the hallway across from the science class." She quickly announced, then ran off. I was about to go chase her, but Carson grabbed my hand and lead led me inside the building.

"What the hell?" I yelled head hitting the school's main doors. Carson quickly covered my mouth with his hand, and put a finger up to his. I nodded my head. We tiptoed to the end of the hallway, and peeked around the corner. What I saw tore my heart. I saw Mackenzie kissing Hayden.