021. Thought You Were

Johnny's POV

Hours past and it was finally time for the party. I wasn't so sure about it at first. Everyone knows teenage parties always end up crying and drama. But I'm determined to make mine the opposite. I won't be the one going home crying tonight.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Carson asked walking down the stairs from my room. And wearing my clothes I might add.

"I'm born ready. Nice shirt. Where'd you get it?" Brynn asked from next to me. He opened his mouth rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I couldn't help but snort at him

"My closet. Isn't that right Carson?" He narrowed his eyes at me from the staircase before turning towards Brynn and planted on a fake smile.

"As he said."

"Can we go before someone spikes the drinks?" Kenzie complained. I rolled my eyes but either way, I stood from my seat on the couch and made my way to the door. The sun was already setting over the horizon. The party was gonna end late but I don't think I'm gonna be there for that long anyway.

"Ok how about half goes in Johnny's car and the other in Hayden's?" Brynn suggested. Even though it was a great solution for it was also out the only solution if we wanted us to get to the party at the same time and preferably in one piece.

We split into two groups. Carson, Lauren, Kenzie, and I in my car while Hayden, Annie, and Brynn in his. Though Brynn wouldn't stop complaining about being the third wheel.

The car ride was silent apart from Lauren and Kenzie's on and off conversations. The sun was a quarter to setting and the sky was getting darker by the minute. It turned an orange color the last time I saw it before it went Completely dark outside.

It reminded me of Nadia and how I need to apologize. She was being unfair at first but I get she does have the right for attention. I have to apologize to her and make things right.

At the party

We pulled up to the house and the smell of alcohol and smoke immediately clouded my nose. My eyes started to water once I opened the door to the car. Drunk teenagers could be seen for blocks. Just roaming around with a bottle of vodka in their hand.

We started up the walkway stepping over plastic cups and beer bottles. The party was as worse as the street. Teenagers grinding on the nearest person next to them. Drinking away without a care in the world.

"You guys want to dance?" I asked. Everyone turned to me with surprised looks on their faces. Is it that surprising that I want to dance? Instead of answering they pulled to the nearest open space and started moving to the beat. Techno music boomed through the house and streets. Loud enough you could hear for miles.

Two hours later

I plumped on the couch sweat drenching my clothes and hair. The group broke up within an hour of the party. Carson and Brynn stayed on the dance floor. Annie and Hayden went to I don't know the land. Lauren and Kenzie went to get something to drink and that was 20 minutes ago

"Where did Mackenzie go?" Lauren yelled in my ear. I didn't flinch a bit. Being in a party with music this loud is hard to make decent conversation without yelling