016. Not like this

Johnny's POV

I jogged to my class making sure to keep a steady pace like my doctor said before I left the hospital. The reason I had an asthma attack was because of a loss of breath that day. I should thank Mackenzie.

"Babe!" Nadia yelled as soon as I walked into the classroom. A few people stared in shock, while others just didn't care anymore.

"Hey, Nadia. Didn't know you had this class." I said with a faux smile. I admit it's still a bit awkward around her. Especially in this way.

"Same here. In that case, we could've walked together. You want to sit next to me?" Even though it was a question, it was one where I had no choice but to agree. She grabbed my arm and jerked me to the back row of the class. It was hard to see the back of the class, so I would understand why she would pick this spot.

Flashback

"Come on Kenzie follow me." I rushed my girlfriend shortly as we walked into the classroom. We were in science and I was surely excited for the back row seats.

"Why do you want the back row?" Kenzie asked running up next to me. Rather than answering her question, I pulled her into the farthest seats and tugged her lips to mine. In the back of the class, no one can see anything. It's like the perfect seats for an inside rendezvous.

"Mr. Orlando and Mrs. Ziegler. Why don't you two take that rendezvous to the principles office? I'm sure she'd let you two continue don't you think?" Our science teacher proclaimed making all eyes go on us. My cheeks were probably redder than my lips right now.

"Now please!" He said with a firm voice. I sighed standing from my seat and heading out the classroom with Kenzie hot on my trail.

"John I'm sorry. I just really wanted to kiss you. I was only thinking about my self." Kenzie apologized softly still walking closely behind me. I stopped quickly turning around making her bump into my chest.

"Kenzie it's not your fault. I mean your seating was horrible. If we would've moved 2 seats to the right behind Jerald and Isaac, then we would still be going at it." I reassured her. She looked at me flashing me a warm smile before standing on her tippy toes to kiss me.

"You know your short right?"

"You know you're suspended right?" Our principal Mrs. Jones retorted behind us. Kenzie and I quickly stepped as far away from each other as our legs would take us.

"S-suspended?" Kenzie stuttered out.

"I mean today you have detention. Your teacher notified me of your release from the class which was 10 minutes ago" I stood there looking dumbfounded. We tend to get carried away times. All the time actually.

"Well can we go back to class?" I asked still hoping we haven't made it on her bad side yet. She let out a rough sigh before walking off motioning us to follow her.

"Great. Now we're in for it" I whispered

"Oh, Johnny. What have you gotten me into"

End of flashback

I smiled at the memory replaying it over and over in my head. Remembering ever chill I got, every nerve she touched. It makes me think about what things could have been.

"Johnny, what are you smiling about?" Nadia whispered elbowing my side. I winced in pain trying to suppress my groans.

"What the hell was that for?" I whispered back trying to keep my voice as low as my anger would let it.

"You were smiling like an idiot. What's so funny?" She referred now pointing at my frowning lips. I bit my lip turning away from her and to the board not ready for her tactics.

"What's the problem? Is there something you want to talk about first?" She asked. I shook my head no ignoring eye contact which she is begging for.

"Johnny look at me." She demanded but the air didn't give it to her. Her face was beet red, her skin felt like a stovetop and her eyes felt like lazers just poking at my soul to open up.

"Johnny LOOK AT ME!" She screamed this time.  Everyone turned their chairs around eyeing Nadia and I closely trying to identify the problem.

"Is there a problem Mrs. Turner?" The teacher asked resentment clear in his voice, I shook my head no but his attention seemed to stay on Nadia

"No sir everything is perfect," Nadia said. She wore a smug look on her face and I could tell it was directed to me.

"Well, I need you guys to pay attention. And Nadia no more outbursts, understood?" The teacher asked. She shook her head yes but rolling her eyes when he turned away.

Flashback

We walked through the hallway the only sound noticeable was the clatter of Mrs. Jones's heels. I looked out the corner of my eye to see Kenzie fiddling with her finger. She does that when she's nervous.

"Kenzie are you ok?" I said so only she can hear. She continued to look forward to ignore me.

"Kenz." I called again.

No answer

I grabbed her waist stopping her from going any further. That was when she snapped her head my way, her eyes filled with no emotion. I kept my ground looking forward to seeing the principal out of sight.

"What is your problem?" She hissed pulling into the next hallway

"What's my problem? What's your problem?" I retaliated. She scoffed shaking her head and walking off.

"Don't you dare walk away from me. We can't leave out a relationship like this. Anything else but not like this." I tightened my grip on her waist making sure she doesn't go anywhere.

"I'm sorry. I'm just kinda frustrated right now. Where probably in even more trouble for ditching her." Kenzie sighed. I nodded my head in understanding pulling her in for a hug

"We can never leave out a relationship like that. We're stronger Kenzie. I know we are."