004. No Tears Left To Cry

Mackenzie's POV

I bowed my head, and ran out the room. Tears blurred my vision, and guilt was buried in my mind. I don't know what to do. Was it the fact that, I don't know what happened, or I just can't believe it? But all I know is....

It's over

"Mackenzie!" Carson called in the distance, but I continued to run home. The bell rung in the distance, and seniors filled the halls. Some were big, some where tall. Some were just pigs. I didn't last one minute, before I was pushed to the ground.

"Kenzie?" A familiar voice spoke above me. I looked up to see my darling sister Maddie staring at me. And if I was completely honest, she wasn't the only one.

"Maddie I did something terrible." I cried into her arms, as soon as she welcomed me up.

"Look you need to go to class. Well talk at lunch OK?"

I nodded my head, and started to walk off. A few stared and whispers came my way, but I ignored them and began to walk. I headed across the courtyard, and to the freshman and sophomore building of the school. I ran to my locker, and saw Annie standing there

"Kenzie what's wrong?" Annie asked embracing me into a tight hug. Then I realized, I can't tell her. She's been dating Hayden for the longest, and it'll break her heart.

"N-nothing" I chocked out through sobs. She embraced me again, and a wave of guilt rushed over me with her slightest touch.

"I h-have to get to class." I gathered my stuff, and dismissed to my next class. By the time I got there, I was fresh out of tears. The only sound that came out, were my small whimpers.

"Ms. Ziegler?" The teacher spoke from the chalk board. I look up to see her pointing at a question. I squinted my eyes, but they were still blurry from the tears. My head was pounding from the crying. I'm a mess.

"I-I"

Bell rings

I ran as fast as I can out of the classroom. I bumped a few people on the way, but I didn't care. It was lunch time, and I had to talk to Maddie. I walked into the cafeteria to see Maddie socializing with her friends. I slowly walked over, and tapped her shoulder.

"Oh guys sorry let me take care of this." Maddie apologized and walked me out the cafeteria.

"Kenz what happened? Why are you crying?"

"Johnny broke up with me."

"Why would he do that?" She embraced me in a hug, and a weird feeling took over me. This isn't right, I don't deserve this treatment. I'm the bad guy

"I kissed Hayden." I whispered. A disappointed look filled her face, but she still embraced me. Small cries were heard behind Maddie,  so we pulled away. I look beside her to see Annie bawling on the floor

"Oh my god Annie-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME! How could you? You knew I like Hayden but you kissed him anyway? Why don't you just go back where you came from?" She stormed then ran off. Remember when I said my tears ran out? Well, they've come back.

Johnny's POV

After she left I cried myself back to sleep. Sadly after lunch period, I had to go back to all my classes to try and retrieve all my missing work. All understood my situation, and surprisingly didn't give me a fat "F"

"Hey John" Carson spoke running up to me. We shared a hug, and began walking to music class. This used to be my favorite class, because I love music. But then I share it with Hayden and Mackenzie so that ended.

"Hey Cars r us"

"Stop it" He faked cried

"Do we have to go?" I whined walking up to the door. I looked inside to see the two already engaged in a hug. It boiled me to see them enjoy my misery.

"Yes. Show them that your stronger than this. Show them that they didn't phase you." He preached

"But they did"

"They don't need to know that"

I rolled my eyes, and entered the classroom right before the bell ringed. The teacher closed the door behind us, and locked out anyone else.

"Today I have two projects happening this week. First, as you guys see on the board it's mood day. On a sheet of paper, I want you to write down your moods in the form of one song." She explained to the class. I let out a sigh as my paper was handed to me.

Johnny: Personal by Hrvy/ changes by xxxtentation

Hayden: Sorry/Justin Bieber

Carson: Freaky Friday by Chris Brown, and Bae back, his own song he wrote

Mackenzie: I don't wanna live forever by Taylor swift and Zayn, and No tears left to cry by Ariana Grande

Annie: Sad song by We the kings

"While you guys are finishing those, let me explain to you guys the second project. On Friday I'm hosting a singing competition. Basically anyone who wants to sing gets to sing in front of the whole entire school." She yelled with a happy face. I wanted to participate, but I never preformed in front of anyone before. Mackenzie was the one and only.

"We should do it." Carson said. I shot him a worried look, and he shook it off. I rolled my eyes and agreed. The sign up list finally came to us, and we put out names and grade. I knew as soon as the list left us, there was no going back.

Bell rings

I started to gather my things, when a tap was felt on my shoulder. I turned around to see Mackenzie staring at me with red blotchy eyes. Her skin was pale,while her breathing was slow.

It absolutely broke my heart to see her like this. If we were still dating, I would've picked her up and hugged her so tight. But I'm not ready to give her that satisfaction yet.

"Johnny please let me explain." She cried grabbing my arm. A disgusted look filled my face, as I yanked away from her grip

"No Mackenzie. You cheated on me. After everything we did together. After everything I've been through. You know what happens when I get to deep in my feelings." I whisper yelled

"Just give me a chance. That's all I ask-"

"And all I ask is for you to leave me alone" I concluded and left her to cry on her own. As soon as I left the room, guilt took over me. I can't. I won't go back.