007. Stone Cold

Mackenzie's POV

Have you ever had that feeling, where something didn't matter that much anymore because you haven't experienced it in a long time? At this moment they all flooded back. All the memories, dates, even the fights we had. I never knew how much I missed him, before he was gone. But then he was...

gone

"Hey wanna come to my house after school?" Annie asked in the distance. I looked over to Annie talking to a blonde-haired girl. This weekend was our weekend. But I guess it isn't anymore.

"Yeah sure Annie. What for?" I've been staring for too long. Annie and I locked eyes, before blinking and looking away. I walked away not wanting to cry again. Not wanting to go back there with someone I love.

"What happened?"

"I think he passed out"

"Is he ok?"

As soon as I walked out of the doors, a commotion came. Questions were asked and crowds were formed. Everyone looked panicked, but I couldn't help but feel the attention was on me. I pushed passed the crowd seeing Johnny's pale figure laying there.

"Oh my god. Somebody call an ambulance!" I screamed around the circle. A siren blared in the distance relieving me

"Lauren?"

"Look there's Lauren"

"LAUREN!?"

I froze. Out of all the drama that happened today. I forgot to mention it to one of my best friends. But sadly my exe's sister

"What happened?" She shouted making her way through the crowd. Her skin went red seeing her brothers figure laying there still. If I wasn't so stubborn, I would've thought he died. He can't

"Johnny don't you dare. Don't you dare die!" I shouted punching his chest. With every punch his body shot up an inch. But not enough

"Johnny? Please don't die. PLEASE"I begged while holding his body. I held him close not daring to let him go. Feeling as if we were inseparable. Until they tried. The paramedics trying to rip his body from me

"NO! Don't you take him. No, please." I cried clutching his body even more. Arms wrapped around my body pulling me away. I could feel the coldness of his body disappear from my heat.

"TAKE THE BODY!"

"We need everyone to back up!"

"Are there any family members here?"

Knowing I'm not family to him so I can't go. I'm not anything to him anymore. And he might not be anyone after today. The thought of him dying makes me wanna do the same. I could even remember the first time we met

Flashback

"Hello? Are you okay?"

Once again, I get no response. Instead, I hear a muffled cry. He's crying? I take a deep breath.

"Okay, well, since you want to be silent I guess I'll start. I'm Mackenzie Ziegler, but you can call me Kenzie. I just moved here, so I am totally lost on where to go. Maybe if you tell me your name, we could be friends?"

Nothing at all

"Well, whatever-your-name-is, I'm very stubborn, so you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. Trust me. I've been through a lot this summer, and your little silence isn't gonna get to me."

Then we finally locked eyes

"I guess I caught your attention, huh?"

His mouth dropped open, but nothing came out. He was a peculiar boy when we first met. That's mainly what I loved about him. He was unique, something that's scarce in the teen boy population.

"What do you two think you're doing?"

Before anything else between us could happen, we got caught by the principal. You should've seen the look on his face when she came. It looked like if he had the power to disappear, he would've left way before we thought he could

End of flashback

I laughed at the memory. It was so special for me to remember this stuff. I wouldn't know where I would be, if I didn't meet him. And I don't want to know where he would be, if he didn't meet me.

"Kenzie what's so funny?" Maddie asked helping me up. I take a deep breath, before taking in the sight in front of me. The ambulance was long gone with Johnny. Everyone was still roweled up from the scene.

"This isn't happening. This can not be happening.  Maddie I just remembered the first time we met. The first time we actually saw each other for who we really are. And to come back from that memory, to see his stone-cold body yanked from my arms, and to do god knows what. So you wanna know what's funny Maddie. I'm funny. He's funny. Guess what? THAT'S FUNNY TOO!" With that I walked away leaving everyone stunned with my outburst. But I didn't care about that. What I cared about is getting to Johnny.