020. Party Tonight

Johnny's POV

We've been walking the mall for about 2 hours now and Nadia still hasn't come back. The part of me that's relieved feels that a 50-pound weight was lifted off my chest. The worried part of me feels like I sucked as a boyfriend. That I always end up doing something wrong and breaking the girl's heart. But that didn't work for every situation.

"Can we get something to eat now I'm starving." Hayden groaned clutching his stomach for dear life. I chuckled lightly shaking my head at the old tactic from when we were little.

"There's a Starbucks over there. Want to grab a snack." Annie offered. We all agreed to turn over and straight for the caffeine-filled restaurant. As soon as I walked the sweet smell of strawberries and vanilla calmed my muscles. Just let everything loose.

"John, why do you look high?" Kenzie asked with a skeptical look. I shrugged my shoulders and walked up to the counter just ordering a strawberry drink.

"Hey that's my drink." Kenzie gasped placing a hand over her heart in fake hurt. I handed her the drink which she hesitantly took sipping it lightly.

"I know. That's why I bought it. Spending all your money on clothes and all." She pouted kissing Victoria's Secret bag in her hand and sipping her drink in the other.

"Well my clothes and I are gonna enjoy this drink somewhere else." She turned around swaying her hips back and forth to mock her attitude.

"It's not nice to stare!" She teased

"Where are we gonna go after the mall?" I asked remembering the 'full day of plans' they had in store for me today.

"Well, we were thinking about going go-cart racing down at Fair Speed?" Carson said but also asking me for permission. I nodded my head taking a seat between Brynn and Kenzie.

"Maybe we could make this a little bit more interesting," Brynn suggested. I slowly looked over at her and the table went immediately quiet.

"What did you have in mind?" Annie asked hesitantly

"If a girl wins a race then we can make you do whatever we want to each other. If a boy wins then-Vice Versa." Brynn offered. It seemed faith enough to take the bet on.

"Deal," We all said in unison. We threw away our trash and started to make out way out of the mall. Being that this is the only mall in a somewhat walking distance we come here all the time, so we know our way through

"Dammit" Carson cursed. I widened my eyes in false horror but also in shock. Carson rarely curses out of the blue. I looked to where he's looking and groaned.

"It's raining ass out there." Hayden groaned. Leave it to him to make an inappropriate comment.

"What about race? Is it inside?" Lauren spoke up this time. We shook out heads no pulling out hoods over out head and prepared to get wet

At my house

"Why is your house so far?" Hayden whined as soon as we stepped inside. I threw my jacket on the rack by the door following Carson to the couch

"It was only 5 minutes." I countered

"5 minutes of cold, rain and torture." Leave it to Hayden to always complain about something .

"Hello!!" Brynn screamed banging on the door from the outside. The window was fogged from the constant rain but I could tell it harder from when it started.

"Lauren has a key!" I screamed back purposely eyeing the set of keys lying on the kitchen counter. A loud shriek was heard outside followed by a splash.

"Open the door!" Lauren screamed this time. I forced myself off the couch opening the door to a red Lauren, wet Brynn and soaked Kenzie.

"What happened to you?" Carson laughed

"I fell in a puddle trying to kick the door down," She said barely above a whisper but I heard loud and clear. She punched my arm pushing me out the doorway.

"It needs some clothes, Laur?" She asked shivering visibly

"Nope you took them all and my clothes are off-limits to the wet." I held back my laugh when Kenzie gapped her mouth open and closed like a fish. Then I remember I had something she could wear.

"You want my shirt and sweater." I offered. She nodded her head shyly following me up the stairs to my all so familiar room. I know this room brings back memories. Some I wish I could forget. Others I'll die before I let them.

"Here," I said handing her, your favorite jumper and shirt. She tensed visibly knowing there my favorite clothing to wear. She took then hesitantly quickly stripping out her wet clothes and Into mine.

"What's going on Brynn?" Kenzie asked out of breath at the sudden action.

"Well since we can't go, go-cart riding" She looked at Hayden expectantly but he just stared off I to space before snapping back it onto reality.

"OH! We we're thinking we could go to a party. Mike's throwing it and it seems fun." I thought for a moment making a mental list of the pros and cons of tonight. I get to have a good time, celebrate with my friends and won't be bored. Or I could get drunk, fall of the building and die a quick and maybe painless death

"UHHHH"

"Oh come on John. When was the last time you actually partied?" Lauren taunted placing her hands on her lips and looking me up and down? I couldn't actually remember the last time I did

"I swear if I die-"

"And you won't," Brynn assured. It took a moment but I finally agreed. Everyone erupted into cheers chanting party, party, party over and over again.

"GET READY JOHNNY BOY! YOUR GOING TO A PARTY TONIGHT!"