012. Back Again

Mackenzie's POV

He's with another girl. What am I suppose to do now? I pressed the button for the elevator and waited for it to make it to my floor. With every ding, I grew more impatient. Their laughter echoed down the hallway. Not wanting to hear it, I took the stairs all the way down to the first floor. Needing some type of comfort, I called Annie

"You're done already?" Annie asked incredulously.

"I-I didn't even go in." I stuttered painfully. I wanted to scream and shout.

"Why not? What wrong Kenz?" She questioned.

"He's with another girl Annie. I went to the room and he was laughing with another girl." I yelled into the phone. I didn't care about the looks I was getting.

"What? Where are you now?"

"I'm walking into my house now." I told her just as I opened the door. The house was empty from what I could tell.

"No, come to my house" She said quickly.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I wanna be with anyone right now." I apologized.

"Ok I understand. See you at school which we totally skipped today."

"Well technically they shut off school today for what happened to Johnny so we're in the clear. My mom told me."

"We'll see you at school tomorrow?" She asked hopefully

"You will. Bye"  I walk into my house hearing, not a sound from anywhere. The house was empty to my relief. That's when I broke down into a fit of tears. My back hit the door and I slid down onto the floor.

My hurt tears slid all across any open space. My arms, legs, knees, etc. I've given up hope on us. Was he already messing around with the girl before he ended up in the hospital? Or before the fight?

After about an hour or more of crying, I finally decided to get on with my life. I stood to my feet holding on to the closest object to keep me up. Dragging my body up the stairs and down the hall to my room. I took a nice shower and headed to bed

Next day

The morning is finally here. The dreaded sun beaming into my room and through my eyelids. Groaning I slid out of bed and into the bathroom. As always I took me a shower and prepared my self for the day. Wearing a red sweater and blue jeans I walked out the door. I don't have anyone to dress for anyway.

"KENZIE!!" Annie squeals as I walk through the brown corridors of the school. It drew attention but like Annie, she doesn't care, she embraces me with the tightest hug possible.

"Hey, Annie. How are you?" I whispered pulling away forcefully. She laughed at me before grabbing, you hand and leading me down the hallway.

"I and Hayden are back together. It's a little weird but I love him Kenzie. I'll do anything for him." She said while I opened my locker. Pictures of Johnny and I filled my vision. My locker was like a photobook.

"I'll grab your books. Just turn around so you won't have to see this" I hesitantly turned around skeptical of her actions. Small papers were thrown out of my locker and spread all around the floor. But it wasn't regular paper. It was pictured by Johnny and me.

"Annie we can't just leave them there. Those are valuable memories" I scolded picking each and every one of them up. I faced them downwards so I won't have to live every dreaded but valuable memory.

"He doesn't deserve you Kenzie. No one does." Annie said finally pulling away from the locker. It cleared. No pictures, papers, even books. They were all on the floor.

"Now that the locker is cleared. We will put back your books, pictures of us. And most importantly your sanitation supplies." After 'redecorating' my locker we headed to class. The hallways cleared by the second, no one wanting to suffer the wrath of the principle.

"Miss Leblanc. Miss Ziegler. Thanks for deciding to join us for class today. Take a seat" Our I story teacher Miss Thompson said as we entered the class. Everyone was either talking to their friend, scrolling through their phone, or just waiting on the teacher to start class.

"Oh there's Hayden," Annie said while pointing over to the curly-haired boy on the right. He looks out the way then waves his hand in the air making sure he got our attention.

"Hey, Hay. I missed you" Annie joked lowering down the kiss his lips. I looked away immediately remembering the kisses Johnny and I used to share. How passionately he kissed me, how nice and soft his lips were. That's the one thing anyone that ever kisses Johnny could crave in my situation

"Haha, very funny Danny- I mean Annie" I let out a loud laugh but quickly covered my mouth, my muffled snorts could be heard across the room. But no one is fazed cause he is like every day that this happens so

"Alright, class settle down. I would like to introduce a returning student to this class. Would you like to come out?" The teacher yelled catching the class's attention. Everyone fret urged to there seats awaiting the returning student. I wonder who it us.

"Ho. Ly. Shit"