005. Love Hurts

Annie's POV

This couldn't be true. She's my friend, right? She wouldn't do that to me. This has to be one of those best friend pranks, and Mackenzie isn't a cheating slut who stole my boyfriend.

I continued to run when I bumped into a soft figure in front of me. I wrinkled my nose, and looked up to the last person I wanted to see right now.

"Annie-"

"Leave me alone Hayden. You cheated on me, and we've been dating for the longest. How could you, and with my best friend? " I yelled interrupting him. His mouth gaped open. He was speechless.

"Annie it was an accident. Please I don't like Kenzie that way. I already lost Johnny, I can't lose you too" He cried grabbing my hands. I quickly snatched them away. I looked into his eyes, before running away. I could hear his cries for me, but they faded away as I went farther from him.

This is too much. Nothing matters anymore. They were all I had but now. Now they're gone.

Phone rings

"Uh A-Annie?" Johnny stuttered through the phone

"Johnny? I heard you got into an accident are you ok?" I asked. I felt relief wash over me, when I heard his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I need to tell you something." He sighed

"If it's about Mackenzie and Hayden I already know," I said bitterly

"I'm sorry. I never thought my best friend, and the love of my life would do this to me." He said shakily. I'm sure he was crying, but I wanted to be strong for him.

"I guess we were both fools huh?" He tried to joke

"Is it bad that I want to believe and forgive him? He was so hurt and i-it broke my h-heart to-"

"It broke mine to Annie. But I can't afford to get hurt again. Not like this. Not right now."

Hangs up

A beep was heard in my ear. I was left alone, crying. Lunch was here, and I don't know where to go. Asia left this summer. Nadia and Ruby moved to Kansas.

I'm alone

Johnny's POV

I walked into the lunchroom with all the other students. It was loud and crowded. Not my kind of place. I scanned the lunchroom for somewhere to sit, and my eyes landed on an empty table at the back.

Sigh

Right across was where Hayden was sitting. I could see the redness of his eyes from here and the paleness of his skin. My body started to shake at the sight of him.

I squeezed my eyes tightly and turned around the lunchroom. The air was thinner, and the tension was low. It was lonely most of all. I turned the corner to my locker but stopped dead in my steps to see Kenzie and Maddie talking

"Maddie I don't know what to do. He hates me. He absolutely hates me." Mackenzie cried into Maddies' arms. Her sobs were loud, and tears were visible from here.

"I know you messed up Kenz, we can admit that. But before you two met, he had trust issues with everyone but you. Imagine everything you've been through, and you stab him in the back like that."

"It would take some time to even consider you again. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't blame him." Maddie explained. Mackenzie's expression dropped even more, while she fell to the ground.

"He doesn't love me anymore."

She repeated those words over and over again. My mouth was wide open with sad eyes. I don't undertake what she said. From where I'm standing it's the other way around.

But there's only one explanation to this problem

Love hurts