002. Mercy

Johnny's POV

My heart fell to the bottom of my stomach. I've never been so stupid to believe, anyone would love someone like me. I'm stupid, ugly and a means to an end. I wish I never met Mackenzie. I wish I never let her in. I wish I could crawl in a hole and die. I wished a lot of things, but now I just wish to go home.

"John I'm-

I ran off, before he could finish his sentence. Tears burned the tip of my eyes, as they forcefully run down my face. I knew I should've left that day. How stupid can I be? I ran past the crowd of incoming students getting weird glances in return. I was about halfway in the courtyard when a hand was put on my shoulder.

"John please don't be mad. Just forget about them." Carson said releasing his grip from my shoulder. I turned around, and looked him in the eye. He let out a long sigh and bowed his head.

"John look. You can't let something like this, bring you back down. Down to Johnny that wouldn't even be who you are today. The Johnny-

"Who would have bled out on his bathroom floor by now. Johnny who would get beat up by his locker by now. Is that what you were gonna say? Huh?" I said loud enough for him to get the point. His eyes softened, and I could feel tears escape my eyes. I tried to keep it together, but this wasn't something I'm used to.

"Don't think like that Johnny."

"THEN WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO THINK LIKE?!" I yelled

"The fact that I've been cheated on. The fact that she told me she loved me, then went and stabbed me in the back. Or the fact that the person that I was supposed to call my brother doesn't even care. I'm supposed to think that everything is OK?" I said barely catching the breath I need. He looked at me in shock, then walked away.

I was begging for air now, and he just left me here. I took one good look around me, before everything around me went black.

"Is he gonna be ok?"

"He should be fine. He had quite the knock out"

"Is it ok if I stay with him, when he wakes up?"

"No, I think you should get to class"

"But-

"To class"

Sigh

Voices spoke around the room. My hearing and vision were blurry, and I could barely move. What happened to me? I turned my head slightly to the right, to see a woman in a white shirt and black pants. She turns around focused on something in her hand to see me wide awake.

"Well, look who's awake"

Carson's POV

I stormed down the hallway looking for what you call my best friend and brother. I turned the corner to our locker to see him jamming out to music. I ran up to him, and smacked the headphones off his head, then punched him.

"What the hell?" Hayden yelled in my face. I could see the bruise on his cheek, from the punch.

"You kissed Mackenzie that's what. How could you do that to Johnny?" I yelled back. A look of guilt filled his eyes, as I finished my sentence.

"How could you? We were practically brothers and you just screwed it all up." I scolded while helping him up. He took my hand and dusted himself off.

Cameras and phones were planted around in a circle. We just made something little go a little viral.

"When did you see us?" Hayden asked as soon as the crowd cleared

"About 30 minutes before the first bell. Some girl said she saw you guys, and we went to go see. We found you guys kissing, and Johnny literally had a panic attack-"

"IS HE OK?!" Hayden exclaimed interrupting my sentence. He ran past me, and down to the nurse's office.

The class doesn't start for another 5 minutes, so I guess we had time. We got to the office to see Johnny staring at the ceiling. His eyes were puffy, and red while his skin was pale.

A look of regret-filled Hayden's face, when I looked over. A squeaking noise filled my ears, then I see Hayden opening the door. I took a step back and looked at the scene before me.

"GET THE HELL OUT!" Johnny screamed at Hayden when he entered. He flinched a little but stood his ground.

"Johnny I can explai-"

"I don't want you to explain anything. You were like a brother to me, and you go and kiss my girlfriend? How much of an ass are you?" Johnny interrupted. I stood there and watched the scene from the door. Johnny looked over to me furiously

"It wasn't like that. It just happened, we weren't trying to hurt you." Hayden said crying. It was quiet for a moment, before the school bell rung. We have one minute, before class starts.

"Get out"

"But-

"Get. Out"

Hayden nodded his head, and walked out of the room. Tears were still storming out of his eyes. I remembered I was in a time limit and began to run away for my class was right around the corner.