008. MIA

Lauren's POV

It was the end of the day, and I couldn't be happier it was the weekend. School is getting on my last nerve, even though it just started. I walk out of the building to see people crowding over the same place. As soon as I came out whispers came.

"LAUREN!" My friend Annie called from the crowd. She raced over and snatched me. Before I could take in what was happening, I was met face to face with my brother's stone-cold body. I could feel myself getting weak to the knees.

"What happened?" I shouted referring to the crowd. I could hear sirens in the distance coming for my brother. My question still not being answered, I grew uneasy.

"He looked like he was gonna fall out," Carson said next to Mackenzie who was in her own little dream world right now. All attention was on him now.

"I saw him stumbling all over the place. He was sweating like hell, and his skin was red. He said he couldn't take it anymore like he wanted to-"

"STOP! PLEASE STOP! He would never do that." I interrupted him, before he could even say it. Johnny wouldn't do that. There's plenty of people that love him here. I just got my brother back, and I won't lose him again.

"CLEAR THE WAY! GET BACK! GET BACK!" The paramedics screamed trying to clear a path. I slowly walked away not wanting to see them rip his body away. I couldn't bare water heater it any longer

"Are there any family members here?" A blonde-haired male asked walking towards getting a crowd. Everyone moving out the way leaving me in eyesight.

"Are you his sister ma'am?" He asked softly. Crying by now I nodded my head, and he motioned me to follow him into the medical van. As I walked past the decreasing crowd, I could hear Mackenzie screaming Johnny's name over and over again. I could just imagine the pains she's in right now

"Do you have any idea what's going on right now?" The blonde man asked helping me into the truck. I shook my head no, still not comfortable saying words. I could see the paramedics working on my brother keeping him stable. It just makes me wonder what's going through his head right now.

"What about your parents? I'm sure they have the right to know what's going on right now." He spoke again. My breath hitched in my throat. Out of everything that's happened, I can't believe I forgot about them

"I-I forgot. I have to call them." I said pulling out my phone. The truck came to a stop alerting us we've arrived at the hospital. The doors slammed open rolling his body into the hospital in a matter of seconds.

"Here. Write the number on a sheet of paper a nurse will call for you. Just wait in the lobby, until we can figure out the source of the problem." He shoved the paper in my hands and drove back off. I slowly walked into the unfamiliar environment.

"May I help you?" A lady in a blue uniform asked me. She had a stethoscope around her neck, and a clipboard held up to her chest.

"You think I could make a phone call?"

Mackenzie's POV

It's been an hour, since they took Johnny. I still haven't moved an inch from my spot my body to numb to move. The courtyard has been cleared, but Maddie stayed with me the whole time. I'm surprised she didn't drag me home yet.

"We have to go now." Her soft voice spoke above me. I blinked out of my constant trance looking up at her. She planted her hands on my shoulder, reassuring me its the right thing to do. Giving in, it's time to go.

"Help me up please?" I asked. In seconds, I was on my feet. My legs began to shake, and I fell back to my knees.

"Jesus Kenzie. Come on we have to go." There it was. I took a deep breath, before stumbling back onto my feet. She took my hand, and we began to walk back home.

The whole walk all I could think about was what was happening. Is he ok? How is Lauren doing? Those questions repeating through my head nonstop. Before I even knew it, we were home

"Go take you a shower. I'll start making dinner." Maddie started walking into the house. Me dragging behind,?I walked faster. Out of the corner of my eye, I looked into Orlando's household. Meredith just went into view answering the phone. At first there was a smile. Then the smile changed to a frown. Then the frown changed to tears. With that I looked away, and stormed into my room.

Phone rings

"Hello?" I answered

"Mackenzie?" Annie's voice said from the other end

"Annie?" I asked shocked

"Yeah. Have you talked to Lauren lately?" She asked awkwardly

"No I haven't. Not since what happens." I said lowly

"I wonder what happened to John?" She thought out loud

"Yeah me too. Look, Annie, I'm so sorry about what happened. If I could take it back I would. It was a mistake for me to do that. Please just forgive me?" I apologized. The line went silent

"Look I don't have time for this. Bye." She said harshly

"Wai-"

Hangs up

I threw my phone on the bed, and walked into my bathroom. I turned the shower on hot and stripped my clothes. I stepped in, but it felt like nothing. Like water wasn't running down my body. Soon enough that feeling changed. I could smell the meal Maddie was making downstairs. The smell warming my insides.

After my shower I went into my closet to pick out Johnny's favorite pajamas of mine. If you want me to be honest they were mine too.

 "KENZIE DINNERS READY!" Maddie shouted from downstairs

"KENZIE DINNERS READY!" Maddie shouted from downstairs. Looking up I peered right into Johnny's room. It looked empty, bland

Gone

I walked over to my curtain shutting it. I didn't want to see the sight of it. I walked downstairs with pride. Everything will be alright. Getting to the table, I sat down across from Maddie.

"What's going on?" Maddie asked

"Maddie you have no idea what's going on right now. You've been MIA for too long."