Epilogue

Johnny's POV

My name is Johnny Orlando and in my own words. Life is like a rose. It's beautiful from a distance but when you actually reach it it's full of thorns. My life is full of thorns, stones, rocks, and boulders. I never experienced hurt any stronger but love so powerful. At the end of the day, I would never want it another way.

I could remember the first time I saw Mackenzie. Leaning on a locker crying my eyes out after getting bullied. The first time I looked at her I was immediately in her trance. I've never admitted this out loud but when I first met Mackenzie I resented her. I resented her because she was trying to make me someone I was. I knew she was doing the right thing by trying to help me and that's why I did.

I trusted Mackenzie with everything I own today. Without her, I don't know where I would be right about now. Probably 6 feet under. No pun intended.

"Johnny there's someone here to see you," Nurse Richard said opening the door wide. Mackenzie walked into the room with a yellow flower dress and white dress shoes

"Happy birthday day, John" She cheered clapping her hands together. I opened my arms out for a hug which she gladly denied. Instead, she threw a medium-sized box on my lap making me groan.

"Open it. I bought it for myself." She sat on the bed opposite me waiting 'patiently' for me to open the present. Not wasting any more time I ripped off the wrapping paper, tearing the tape off of the box. Packing peanuts filled the box to the top making it extremely hard to identify the present.

"Why would you add so many peanuts? And if the present was too small for the box why not get a smaller one?" I questioned her. She just shrugged her shoulder ushering me to look through the box. I through the packing peanuts that were in my way at Mackenzie, which she avoided terribly. After my 5th throw, I could see a black box poking out. I grabbed the box and pulled it out.

"A necklace? Really?"

"You gave me a smoothie for my birthday and a 50% discount coupon on pads!" I opened the box and there was half a necklace that read the words 'You changed me'.

"You Changed Me? Where's the other half, I know you have it." I said holding out my hand for the necklace curious as to what it said. I took the hidden necklace from its place on my chest and connected the two together.

"'You are me'" I read. I flipped it over but the back remained blank

"Oh, I get it. You had changed me and I am you." She nodded her head vigorously before climbing over placing a soft kiss to my lips. I hummed at the taste of coffee on her breathe.

"You know you really did change me. Even if you don't remember."

"I know. You Changed Me too"