003

MICHAEL
J A C K S O N

I wake up early in the morning thinking about seeing Cari. Walking into my bathroom I brush my teeth humming one of my songs; Lady In My Life to be exact.

I wash my face and head out of my room to Cari's room. I knock on the door softly but theres no answer so I open the door see Cari, in the bed, sleep; cuddled up with my Thriller jacket.

I smile softly and decide to let her sleep. I walk out of the room and close the door softly. I did not want to wake her up.

As I walk down the staircase the phone rings and I answer it.

"Hello?" I say softly into the receiver.

"Hi! Michael its Dunk, I heard Cari is over your house. I was wonderin' i-"

"Yes, Dunk you and Kyrstin can come over." I say softly.

"Ky! He said yes!" I hear Dunk yell somewhere into her house.

"OH YEAH! WE'RE ABOUT TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!" I hear Kyrstin yell from somewhere in Dunk's house.

I giggle softly, "You guys are too much to handle. Ya know that?" I ask Dunk.

I can feel her shrug on the other end, "Well, what can I say. I am. She is. We are."

We both break out into our infectious giggles.

"You're such a mess Dunk." I tell her in between giggles.

"So what? We'll be there in two hours. Gotta freshen up. I'm about to see my Godbaby." She says.

"Alright be careful Dunk. I love you guys." I say.

"I will. We love you too." Dunk says before ending the call.

"God, Dunk is crazy." I say to myself.

"Good morning Michael. How are you?" I hear one of my maids, Xy ask me.

"Good morning, Xy. I'm doing fine. What about you?" I ask her.

"I'm doing fine, sir. Just going to tell Susan about the breakfast plans that you made yesterday." She says.

I nod, "Okay, I want everything perfect." I tell her and she nods as she walks away.

I sit in my large living room and not long after I sit down; I hear small footsteps coming down the stairs.

I look up and see Cari standing there with a small frown on her face.

I frown at her facial expression. "Are you okay?" I ask geniually concerned.

She smiles and nods, "Yeah I'm fine. Had a weird dream that's all."

I nod slowly, "Come sit down, breakfast will be served soon."

"Okay," she says softly.

She makes her way to sit in front of me. When she does she just stares at her fingers, playing with them.

After a while she speaks up, "So," she clears her throat a little, "What are you doin' today?"

"Uhm, Dunk is coming over with Kyrstin. In about one hour and thirty minutes." I inform her.

I see her face brighten instantly at the mention of her godmothers name, "Really?" She asks.

"Yeah, so uh, how old are you?" I ask her.

"I'm sixteen, I'll be seventeen next month." She tells me.

I nod, "Oh,"

CARI
T U C K E R

We make small talk over breakfast and later on, Dunk and Ky comes in.

When Dunk sees me she drops her purse and runs to me; giving me a huge hug! "Hi!" She exclaims.

When she pulls away, smiling, "Look at you: grown up to be so pretty."

Ky walks over to me, "Who is this girl right here?" She asks playfully before pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Oh my God! I've missed you guys." I exclaim pulling them both into a group hug.

"Girl you just don't know!" Kyrstin says. "We have so much to catch up on." She says as we walk upstairs to my room; leaving Michael downstairs, deeply in thought.

MICHAEL
J A C K S O N

As I'm downstairs thinking about what I want for dinner I decide on Spaghetti and meatballs.

I walk upstairs to see if that's what everybody wanted tonight.

I just know Janet and Kyrstin's gunna stay tonight. I think to myself as I climb the last few stairs.

I walk up to the door ready to knock when I hear Janet ask a question that catches my attention.

"Soooo has anyone caught your eye around school?" She asks excitedly.

"Well, uh yeah!" Cari says a little nervously.

"Ooouu! What's his name?" Ky asks curiously.

God she's so nosy! I think to myself continuing to listen.

"Well, his names Calvin. The only problem is daddy doesn't like him." She says almost like it didn't bother her.

Ky laughs, "I want a man like Michael. Hunty he is something else. And speaking of him; why is the motherfucking Thriller jacket in your room?" Ky exclaims.

"Oh Mich-"

I knock on the door waiting for her to say come in. When she does I ask them the one question was intending to when I first came up the steps; if they wanted Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

They all said yes.

God this is gunna be a long day...