015

The Next Morning...

CARI
T U C KE R

I wake up next to Michael and smile but it quickly fades as I hear the doorbell ring. We weren't expecting any company.. I slowly get out of bed and make my way to the door, answering it.

I open it and see my father with a lady I have never seen in my life. I smile softly at my father, pulling him into a warm hug, "Hey, daddy."

I look at the unknown woman and smile shyly, "Hi," I extend my hand for her to shake, "I'm, Cari."

Her eyes show slight hurt but she shakes my hand and smiles softly, "Hi, I'm Leigh Anne. I'm your mother."

My smile turns into a frown instantly as I look over at my now nervous father. "Daddy...what's going on?" I ask angrily.

"Can we come in first, it's a lot to explain." My father says.

I step aside letting my father and mother of inside of the house. Alana comes walking down the stairs, yawning while covering her mouth. "Good morning," she speaks walking into the kitchen clearly ignoring these two idiots sitting in front of me.

"Soo," I drag out, "What's the long story?" I ask, annoyance laced in my voice.

As soon as my fathers about to speak, I hear Michaels voice, "Cari? Baby?"

My daddy's face instantly scrunches up in confusion, "What is he doing calling you baby?" He asks angrily.

I shake my head quickly, "No, no...his girlfriend is the lady that just walked into the kitchen."

"Cari?" Michael calls again this time it's closer.

"I'm here," I call as I hear footsteps approaching the living room. Michael soon appear with a huge smile on his face but it quickly disappears when he sees my father.

My father smiles brightly, standing up, pulling Michael into a bro hug. "Mike! My man! I hope you've been taking good care of my baby."

Michael blushes and nods, "She's a handful but I've managed to supply all of her needs."

I blush deeply and turn to my mother, "Sooo, how'd you find me - was it through my father." I ask her curiously.

She smiles a bit, "Of course! But someone else helped me reach out to you guys, too." She says softly, staring at me intently.

"You're so gorgeous," we both say at the same time before giggling.

"That was strange." I say softly as I look at Michael out of the corner of my eye. Him and my father are talking about something that seemed very important. I wonder what it is that's captured their attention.

Alana walks out of the kitchen and towards the stairs without giving us a glance. What's up with her? I'll ask later because right now...I have catching up to do.

I turn to my mother, "Do you want to go for a walk in the gardens?" I ask softly and she nods, smiling brightly.

We walk outside around to the gardens, we walk for silence until she breaks it by sighing deeply. "Look Cari, I'm so sorry that I wasn't here to see you grow up. It's some things that happened between your father and I and...I let it come first. It held me up from being a mother to you. I apologize honey, I was wrong but I'm only human and what your father did was unacceptable." She tells me looking into my eyes.

I scoff, continuing to walk, "That's a poor excuse for not being a mother to your only daughter." I tell her, slight anger in my voice.

"Cari, if I could replace all the time that I've missed but...honey, I need that chance. I know it's going to take a while to get used to but this could be good for the both of us." She says with tears in her eyes.

I nod slowly, "I guess I can..." I tell her being pulled into a huge hug.

I hug her back slightly feeling warmer since it's a bit cold out this morning. "I'm so glad you gave me this chance. I promise to be the best mother to you." She says softly stroking my soft hair, sniffling.

I rub her back, "It's okay, mommy. I forgive you and I want to have many memories with you." I tell her.

"I love you, sweets." She tells me when we finally pull away.

"I love you too mommy." I tell her and we begin walking again, talking about everything.

MICHAEL
J A C K S O N

"Chris, are you serious? You kissed Leigh and you know that she's married?" I asked surprised and he raises one eyebrow.

"What? And she's engaged not married. There's a huge difference buddy." He tells me and I nod.

"You're right but that doesn't change that you are wrong. She's damn near married." I tell him seriously.

He shrugs, "Man, I love her. I saw her and all these old emotions started coming back. I'm head over heels. It's crazy!" He exclaims before putting his face in his hands.

I pat his back, "I mean..you just need to confess these feelings to her. Practice in the mirror, tell her how much you love her." I explain to him.

He thinks a while before nodding, "You know what? You are absolutely right, Mike!" He says standing up.

"Are you about to go tell her?" I ask him and he nods eagerly making me giggle.

He stares at me for a minute, "Get up! You're coming too." He says before shaking his head and waking out to find my baby and her mother.

ALANA
F I L E S

I sit on the bed in the guest bedroom at the Neverland Ranch thinking about my life. This is unbelievable...I'm just flabbergasted. All of this has happened so....fast. I have had no time to prepare to be a mother.

I sigh as I run my hands through my long, silky hair, "God," I sigh, "What have I gotten myself into?" I ask myself looking down at my nonexistent belly....for now.

I get up and head to the kitchen and as I'm ascending the stairs I'm stopped by a knock on the door. I go to answer the door and when I open the door there stands Janet, Kyrstin and...Mrs. Jackson?

"Hi, I'm Alana. Michael is out in the back with Chris and Cari." I tell them, stepping aside.

Something is about to god doooown..

Soon, there's the sound of a door closing somewhere in the house. I sigh, walking into the kitchen, opening the refrigerator door.

KATHERINE
J A C K S O N

I can't believe Michael has hid this from me, as soon as I found out I wanted to come down here. I walk a little farther into the garden and see Chris telling a young woman something. When Michael sees me standing aside Ky and Janet, his eyes widen.

I raise my eyebrow and mouth 'come here'. He makes his way over to me smiling slightly, "Hi, Mother! How are you?"

"I was doing fine until I found out my son had a girlfriend that's nearly twenty years young than him." I tell him.

As soon as Michaels about to answer, we hear Chris scream, "WHAT?!"