016

JANET
J A C K S O N

I watch as Chris stomps over to where Michael and Mother are standing, Cari not far behind. He stares at Michael for a minute before squinting his eyes.

"Man," he sighs before continuing, "You really slept with Leigh Anne?" He says looking at Michael with pure sadness.

"I-I, no," Michael stutters awkwardly. "I did not sleep with Leigh Anne." He objects confidently.

I watch as Leigh Anne squirms uncomfortably, "Yes, Michael and I slept together and I don't regret it at all." She says strongly.

Michael shakes his head obviously growing upset, "I did not sleep with you, Leigh. You tried to seduce me but I told you no." He tells her in a more stern tone.

Cari just watches the scene unfold before seemingly hurt at this - she turns and walks away as Michael and Leigh Anne begin to bicker. Michael notices her movements and cuts Leigh Anne off by putting a hand up as to tell her to be quiet. Mother, Chris, Leigh Anne, and I watch as he runs into the house after Cari.

Chris sighs and shakes his head, "When did you do it?" He asks Leigh softly which is surprising.

"It was the same week you cheated on me with Martin's wife." She says truthfully.

Mother and I came here for one reason and that's for Michael and Cari. I told her all about their thing that's going on and she didn't object but she does want to see if Michael has her best interest at heart.

"Darling, I think we should go inside." Mother says to me in a hushed tone and I nod agreeing with her. We walk to the house and as we enter we see Cari sitting on the sofa and Michael in between her legs on his knees, speaking softly to her.

"What she said isn't true, Cari. Please believe me." He tells her with a look of sincerity in his eyes.

Cari pauses for a while before sighing and nodding, "I guess I believe you but if you don't mind I really want to have a bond with my mom. I don't want to make things awkward." She tells him as he strokes her cheek softly - looking into her eyes with pure adoration.

"It's your mother, of you want a bond with her, who am I to tell you that you can't. But be careful she isn't who she says she is. That woman's dangerous." He says pecking her lips gently and it's then that he sees mother and stiffens.

Cari notices, "What's wrong bab-" she says but pauses as she looks behind mother.

"Mike did you just kiss my daughter man!" Chris yells visibly upset.

"Uh I can explain!" He says getting off of his knees but Chris walks over to him and punches him in the lip... hard.

"Cari go get your bags - we're leaving!" Chris says his eyes still on Michael who now has a bleeding lip.

"But daddy, I don't want to go!" Cari objects loudly rushing over to Michael.

"Baby, are you okay?" She asks gently touching his lip, that's now bleeding.

"Baby?" Leigh Anne says absolutely stunned, "Chris I think there's something going on here that we don't know about." She says hand on hip.

"Yeah and that something is about to end today." Chris says pulling Cari away from Michael and mother and I stand there shocked.

"Go upstairs and pack your bags! I'm not gon tell yo narrow ass again!" He screams at her and tears fall out of her eyes.

"No," she refuses.

"No?" Chris repeats more like a question.

"No, I will not go upstairs and pack my bags. I'm going to stay here... with Michael." She says holding back tears.

"No the hell you won't!" Leigh Anne shouts making Cari face her.

"Oh to hell with you, Leigh Anne! You just got here, you don't know a thing about me!" Cari yells letting tears fall out of her eyes.

I know this isn't much but school is hard you guys! I'll be updating more so stay tuned!!