017

CHRIS
T U C K E R

I watch as my babygirl stands before me proudly defending my best friend. I never thought that this movie shoot would make my bestfriend and my daughter date.

I sigh laying a hand on my forehead, "So, you're not coming home?" I ask her sounding broken.

Cari shakes her head, "Of course I'll come home but not right...now." She says before silently walking upstairs.

Leigh Anne begins to speak but I shush her, "Don't say anything because she won't answer to you." I whisper in her ear and she nods.

Just then, Michael's mother decides to speak, "Michael, darling would you like to tell us what's going on?" She asks softly walking over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

Michael looks at his mother with eyes full of shame, "Yes mother but you may want to sit down."
He tells her softly.

MICHAEL
J A C K S O N

I don't know how I'll tell mother all of this but one things for sure Janet is sure enough patient. She gave us at least a week but I couldn't find the courage to tell Mother.

Mother sits down on the sofa and so does Janet, Leigh Anne, and Chris but I remain standing. I clear my throat awkwardly and bite the inside of my cheeks.

Chris rolls his eyes, "Any day now, 'baby'." He says mocking Cari's voice.

I sigh and take a seat in one of the other chairs, "Okay, uhm," I clear my throat, "What do you guys want to know?" I ask nervously hoping they won't ask about personal engages between Cari and I.

"First off, do you like my daughter?" Leigh Anne says with a hint of attitude in her tone.

I nod my head slowly making her scoff and cross her arms while shaking her head, "Just great." She mutters sarcastically.

Chris stares at me for a minute before walking upstairs - Leigh Anne by his side to find Cari. It's just me and my closest family members now so I take a seat next to Janet.

I sigh and lift my head up to look at Mother, "Michael, I'm not going to ask you if you two are dating because that's obvious but, however, I am going to ask you an important question." She says seriously.

Oh god, please please pleaaase help me.

I let out a shaky breath before nodding encouraging her to continue.

She pauses for a minute before beginning, "Now, Michael..dear, I'm going to ask you this and I want you to be completely honest, okay?" She says softly making me nod.

"Have you and Cari had sex?" She asks looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I look down shamefully - fiddling with my fingers before answering, "Yes," I say just above a whisper.

Mother gasps, "...."

CARI
T U C K E R

I sit on Michael's bed and stare out of the window at the beautiful day before me. If only my mood could be as calm and beautiful. I continue to think about all of the drama and I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't hear the footsteps approaching the room.

There's two knocks on the door before I hear my fathers voice, "Cari? Can we come in?"

I clear my throat, drying my tears, "Come in," I say.

The door opens revealing my father and Leigh Anne. He looks like he's calmed down from earlier and I am thanking God for that. He walks over to the bed, sitting down next to me - placing his hand on my knee.

"Look, I know you're upset with me because of my actions but you are my daughter and he is my bestfriend." He begins, "You're a minor, you've just turned 17 and I don't think you should be dating a 30 something year old man. But if you're in love...I can't tell you to leave him alone because I know you won't. That's how love works, you'll do everything in your power to make it prevail and last. It's gonna be hard for me to cope with that but," he hesitates for a minute before continuing, "but if you're happy..I'll try." He finishes making me smile softly and wipe away my tears.

I sniffle while smiling, "Thanks daddy," I say as he pulls me into a hug.

I look over his shoulder to see Leigh Anne standing there with the worst mean mug in the universe. She's leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed and she looks pissed.

What's her problem?

ALANA
F I L E S

I'm at least a month now and it has been stressful dealing with this pregnancy. The morning sickness's are the worst and these cravings are crazy. Prince and I haven't talked since our last meeting and I don't plan on having any communication with him. I have a man and his name is Peter Hernandez (look him up, you'll be surprised) he's willing to be a father figure in my child's life and I am the happiest I've been in a long time.

"Peter! Honey!" I call for him as he's in the kitchen checking on the popcorn.

"Yes?" He answers sweetly.

"Are they ready yet? I think the little ones hungry." I say while rubbing the itty bitty bump.

"Uhhhh," He looks into the kitchen at the popcorn, "in about ten seconds you'll have your popcorn missy." He says softly walking back into the kitchen to get the popcorn.

I sigh in bliss and continue to rub the little bump while watching the movie in front of me.

Peter and I met when I stormed out of the cafe. I was so angry I couldn't see straight, literally and I bumped into him. Before I could fall, he caught me and we exchanged numbers, went on a few dates and eventually it happened. When I told him that I am pregnant he didn't run he smiled and said that he'd help and be more than happy to be a father figure to my little one. That made me so happy. We've been in contact since that day and it has been pure happiness.

"Here you go my sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet darlings." He sings handing me the popcorn and laying his hand on my stomach.

I smile and peck his lips, "Thanks honey."

This is the liife....