023

CARI
T U C K E R

The birds chirp, the bright sun shines in through the open windows, and the smell of delicious breakfast fills my nostrils; this is my idea of luxury. Michael is holding onto my waist and I feel his breath on my neck, making me giggle. I'm extremely ticklish!

I turn around to face him, pecking his lips softly, trying to wake him up blissfully. My attempts are unsuccessful though and I decide to just tickle him... bad idea.

Very bad idea!

As soon as I begin to tickle Michael, he begins to kick everywhere, laughing loudly. His kicking knocks me off of the bed making me fall flat on my ass. And making matters worse, his mattress is pretty high off of the floor. Just imagine how sore my butt is!

I hear Michael gasp before his head appears over the side of the bed. His curls are everywhere and his worried facial expression makes him all the more adorable.

"Oh God, baby I am so sorry! Are you okay?" he asks and I giggle making him smile a little. "What?" asks Michael, confused.

"Y-You're..." I begin before erupting into a fit of giggles making him giggle softly as he stares into my eyes.

It's like whenever we look into each other eyes, the whole world stops. He's just so... natural. And even though the world thinks of him as the greatest entertainer alive, to me, he's just my baby; plain ole Michael.

I don't realize we're kissing until I hear someone clear their throat behind us. We pull away and see Alana standing there, smirking with an eyebrow raised slightly, with her hands on her hips.

"It's never too early for you two but, it's a little too early for me. Susan's just got done finishing up breakfast and we were wonderin' if y'all were gonna eat somethin'.. other than each other's faces." she states making Michael blush.

I cackle, "Shut up and get out, Alana! You're embarrassing him! Look at him, he looks like a doggone tomato!" I say laughing at Michael's flushed face making it become even more red (if possible).

Alana laughs, holding her hands up defensively, "Okay, okay... I was just sayin'! Food's down here whenever the two of you are ready." she says before walking away, rubbing her growing belly.

As soon as she departs, I look up at Michael with a small smile on my face, "What do ya say: we go eat and finish this up later?" I suggest, slowly standing up.

Michael rubs his chin, "Hmm," he hums, playfully looking around the room, making me laugh a little, "I am pretty hungry," he says thoughtfully.

I hit his thigh playfully, "Let's go then, Applehead!" I exclaim happily.

I won't deny that I love me some doggone food. Food is basically what keeps me going...kinda.

Anyways, after we goof off for a couple more minutes, we head down to the dining room to eat. When we enter the dining room, we're giggling and talking about stuff.

We look up and see Alana sitting at the dining room table, digging into some pancakes, with Susan by her side. There's two more plates made with pancakes, sausage, strawberries, and two cups of orange juice next to both of the plates.

"Ooh, orange juice!" exclaims Michael from beside me, making me look over at him, "Sorry, I just love me some damn orange juice!" he says making my eyes widen.

"You are quite the potty mouth, sir." I reply, walking over to the table to eat with Alana and chat with Susan.

"Whatever," he mumbles, taking a seat next to me, bowing his head to pray.

Before he can begin to pray, though, I grab his hand and he looks up to me confused before I bow my head. "Let's pray together," I suggest and he bows his head, once again, praying over our food.

After we pray over our food, we engage in a conversation with Alana and Susan.

"Oh, yeah, your father told me to tell you that your step-brother is comin' over today! You get to meet him," Michael says, before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"I really want nothin' to do what that part of my family at this point but..." I admit, rolling my eyes slightly, before taking a sip of my orange juice.

"Yeah, I know, but family is family and no matter how much you don't want to deal with them, you have to; you can't make them disappear." Michael replies, rubbing my shoulder gently.

"Yeah, wouldn't you know..." says Alana, and I see her and Michael exchange glances.

What was that about?

"Oh, didn't you have somethin' you wanted to tell us yesterday, Alana?" Michael asks, changing the subject.

"Michael," Susan interrupts, "Joesph called earlier and said he'd like to meet with you at three. He sounded kinda pissed," she informs us before standing up, pushing her chair in swiftly.

It's silent in the room and I can feel the energy in the room go from enlightening and calm to tense and awkward.

"If you all are done with your plates, I'll take them into the kitchen and wash them," says Susan and Michael nods before she gathers the plates and scurries out of the dining room and into the kitchen.

It's silent for a moment before I break the silence to ask a question;

"Do you think...that maybe, your mother told Joseph about us?" I ask softly, scared of his answer.

Michael's silent for a moment before he shakes his head, "No," he replies, looking into my eyes. "That's not like her. However, I do think I know what's going on. I have to go..." he says, standing up quickly.

"Michael, wait, I have to tell you guys!" Alana stresses, standing up also and I didn't want to be the only one sitting down, so I stood up, too.

"Tell us what?!" I ask confused.

"I have to tell you that--"

"Michael... I think you'd better come take a look at this.." interrupts Susan, wearing a panicked expression.

I furrow my eyebrows and watch as Michael walks out of the dining room and into the living area.