013

ALANA
F I L E S

I can't believe that I'm pregnant. This is crazy! How could this be? I don't even remember sleeping with anyone...last weekend! Omg! Last weekend.

I begin to think about the party and how I had woken up in Prince's bed, unclothed, with a pounding headache.

"I can not believe this!" I scream while entering my small but modern apartment.

I put my keys on the small coffee table in my front room. I don't know if I should tell him or just keep it to myself. After all, he does have a wife and I know she wouldn't be too happy with hearing this news. But, I do want him to be in this child's life because I don't have enough money to do it all by myself.

I walk, slowly, over to the phone and pick it up, calling Princes home. It ring twice before, just like I had dreaded, a female answered the phone. "Hello." She says softly into the phone.

"Hi uh is Prince home?" I ask softly, fiddling with the phone cord.

"May I ask who wants to know?" She asks curiously.

"Uh, I'm a distance relative, Shelia." I lie but what am I suppose to do?I am not about to tell the poor lady that her husband cheated on her with me recently at a party.

"He's never mentioned a Sheila to me. Prince?" She calls for her husband and I begin to get nervous. "Someone's on the phone for you." I'm guessing he said who because she replied, "I don't know, one of your close relatives..Shelia?" She says and I hear the phone being handed over.

"Hello?" I hear Princes smooth voice through the phone.

"Prince? It's Alana, the girl from the party a few days back." I tell him.

He chuckles smoothly, "Ohh," he drags, "calling back for more, I see. Look I can't-" He begins but I instantly cut him off.

"Prince, I'm pregnant." I state making him shut up. The line goes dead for a few minutes.

"Hello? Prince?" I call and I hear him let out a very shaky voice.

"You're pregnant?" He asks as if he's trying to make sure.

"Yes, Prince, I'm pregnant and before you ask, yes it is indeed yours." I tell him.

"Are you sure that you're pregnant?" He asks me.

"Yes, I'm positive, I went to the doctor earlier with some friends and got checked. They drew blood and took a urine test. They both came back positive." I tell him.

"So, do you want to meet up for lunch? So we can discuss the situation?" He asks me and I nod as if he could see me.

"Yes, that would be awesome." I tell him.

"Alright, I'll see you Friday at seven in the morning. Is that fine?" He asks me.

I'm meeting up with Michael and Cari later that day and maybe I could tell them the situation I'm in.

"That's perfect! I'll see you then." I tell him, smiling.

"Alright, meet me at Shés Café near the bowling alley." He tells me.