Chapter 12

14 and 16

Someone taps Harry's shoulder when he is about to open his locker.

Harry turns around and sees a pretty boy looking at him with a shy smile.

"Hi." The boy says. "I'm Tom, and this is for you."

The boy, Tom, hands a letter to a confused Harry.

Harry takes the beautiful pink letter. "Can I open it?"

Tom nods and blushes, scratching his head.

"Dear Harry." Harry murmurs softly as he begins reading the letter.

Dear Harry,

You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen. When I first saw you walk into the classroom with your friends in literature period, your smile was like a beam of sunshine shining my heart. Your beautiful smile and sweet dimples got me overwhelmed. I know you never notice me in the literature class. You always sit in the front seat with your friends because you love poems. I just want you to know that I want to be friends with you. So, will you go to the prom with me?

Love,
Tom

"So, will ya?" Tom looks at Harry with eager eyes, and a light blush can still be seen on his pretty face. "Will you go to the final prom with me?"

"I-"

"No." Before Harry could answer, someone interrupts him, someone who happens to be his dear Master—Zayn. "He won't go with you."

Harry looks at Zayn as he feels Zayn's arm on his waist.

"Barbie, give the letter to me." Zayn orders and reaches for the letter.

"But..." Harry looks at the letter and bite his lips. The letter is for him, not for his master.

"Barbie." Zayn raises his eyebrow.

"Stop asking him to do things he doesn't want to." Tom cuts in.

Zayn, this time, finally acknowledges the new boy standing in front of them. "And, who are you?"

"I'm Tom Hardy." The new boy replies with a smiling face. "I think it's time for you to let Harry make his own decisions. He's a human too, not a puppy. Stop manipulating him and playing the overprotective big brother."

"I'm not." Zayn's gaze hardens on Tom. "I am just doing what's good for him and protecting him from getting hurt."

Tom shrugs, "Well, that's what manipulative people say."

Harry gasps when Zayn grasps Tom's collar—nearly lifting him off the floor—and gets in his face.

"I'm not manipulative, you prick!" Zayn grits his teeth. He glares at the shocked boy.

"No, master, no fighting." Harry panics and tugs Zayn's hand that isn't holding Tom's collar.

"Please." Harry begs, voice trembling.

Harry hates it when Zayn gets into fights, and it scares him too, scared that his master will get hurt. Once, when he was 8 and Zayn was 10, Zayn fought with a boy in the Central Park who was picking on Harry when they were playing with other kids. Even though Zayn won the fight, he got bruises on his pretty face. Harry couldn't stop crying that day because he believed it was his fault that his master got hurt. He had nightmares the whole week, afraid of losing Zayn after witnessing the fight. Since that day, Zayn never picks up a fight in front of Harry; he knows that Harry will worry and get scared.