Chapter 14

14 and 16

It's a peaceful day at the Malik residence.

A soft wind blows, making a young boy who is nursing the plants and flowers giggle as he secures the sunhat on his curly chocolate colored hair. Since it's the weekend, Harry for sure is going to have a wonderful day in the garden.

Zayn Malik is sitting on a chair at the terrace beside the garden, painting. He is drawing his Barbie, if you are wondering. He had said he was going to draw random things when Harry asked him this morning, but in reality, he is making a painting of Harry as a gift for Harry's 15th birthday which is a month later.

He looks up from his sketch book and sees Harry squatting in front of the rose bed. Zayn chuckles and shakes his head fondly as he sees Harry's lips moving, like he's talking to the flowers.

"Master, look! We have a little guest here!" Harry yells,pointing at the rose plants. A colorful butterfly flies up from the plant. "She's beautiful, isn't she?"

"Yes, Barbie." Zayn smiles as he replies back, hollering so that Harry could hear him clearly. "She's beautiful, just like you!"

Zayn could see a blush on Harry's chubby cheeks—which are prettier than the red roses in front of him—as he smiles shyly and squats down, and continues to nurse the flowers.

A soft, fond smile lingers on Zayn's face as he goes back to his painting.

A while later, Finch tells them that Daniel and Elvis have come.

They have a family get together today 'cause Zayn's parents came back from their business trip on Friday.

Zayn heard footsteps, followed by Daniel's annoying voice-

"Drawing our little angel, I see."

Zayn groans inwardly. This is one of reasons why Daniel is so annoying. He always says shit like that to piss Zayn off. Don't get him wrong, Zayn loves his uncle but Daniel really gets on Zayn's nerves sometimes.

When did all this start? Oh right, ever since Zayn got a girlfriend...

"He's not yours." Zayn speaks monotonously, covering his painting with a blank canvas and then turning to glare at Daniel. "He's mine."

"Well, he's not yours either." Daniel shrugs.

"He's a Malik, so he's mine." Zayn states.

Daniel raises an eyebrow and chuckles, "Nah, you're wrong there, Zaynie. Harry will no longer be a Malik once he gets married."

Zayn winces at the thought of Harry marrying someone else. It makes him feel extremely uncomfortable just by thinking of it. The slender paintbrush breaks into two pieces in his hand, snapping him out of his thoughts. That's when he notices Daniel smirking, looking at him as if he knows something that Zayn doesn't.

"Dans, stop messing with Zaynie boy." Elvis, Daniel's husband chuckles softly. "He's a good kid."

"I'm not a ki-"

Before Zayn could defend himself, Harry calls from afar and runs towards them excitedly with a big smile.

"Dans and Elves!!!" He pulls them both into a big crushing hug, "I've missed ya!"

They have grown very close through the years.

"We missed you too." Elvis says with a smiley face while Daniel chuckles as they hug Harry back.