03.| embarrassed again

Brooke was really hesitant about going to school after the whole ordeal

                     Brooke was really hesitant about going to school after the whole ordeal. She wasn't just embarrassed about her nudes but also about what had happened with Alistair yesterday. The scene kept replaying in her head like a broken record and she found herself blushing beet red.

She is naturally an awkward person and with shyness added to the mix, she managed to put herself in situations that she wouldn't like to remember. In fact, if she could erase them completely, she would. Where's mind bleach when you need it?

"Everything is gonna be fine." She mumbled to herself as she wrapped her hand around the strap of her bag that was hanging loosely off her shoulder.

She again wasn't paying any attention on where she was going. Too focused on not making herself seem foolish. The concrete floor seemed too interesting for her to look up until a voice pulled her away from her trace.

"We wouldn't want a repeat of yesterday, now would we?" A teasing smile graced Alistair's lips as he stared at the blonde girl. Subconsciously, he was searching for her and he hoped to see her before class so he could initiate a conversation with her.

Brooke's eyes widened in shock before she recovered quickly and smiled a little as she blushed.

"It's Alistair, by the way." He stretched his hand out for her to shake. She hesitatantly grasped his hand and shook it gently. It was so tiny in comparison to him, yet somehow they fit like a glove.

"Brooke." She answered shyly.

"It's nice to meet you properly." Alistair easy going personality caused her to relax a little.

"Yeah...about that," She cleared her throat awkwardly. "Can we forget it ever happened?"

"Yesterday! I mean." She added quickly and he chuckled softly at her.

"Okay, as you like." He shrugged. "But I'm ready to help if you need anything." He hoped he wasn't too forward and that he wasn't scaring her away. Brooke mumbled a thank you and nodded her head. She found it a little suspicious of him to offer her help since he is known to be cold and distant with everybody. She grasped that feeling tight and she promised she would investigate him later. She couldn't just ask him to help her when he could possibly be the sender.

"I'll see you around?" He questioned with an easy smile that was starting to rub her off the wrong way. He was too nice to her. She nodded hesitantly before she also walked to her class.

Weirdly enough, her heart wasn't beating fast as one would if you feel scared around someone. Deep down, she knew Alistair was just trying to be nice, she would have wanted to help too. But in her mind, everyone is a suspect because she can't afford to easily trust anybody, they might blow her secret and then it's bye bye dignity.

The rest of her morning classes went without a hiccup. She managed to drown her thoughts in the sea of words and equations. For a while she felt okay until she entered the cafeteria and felt like everyone was judging her. She felt as if the whole school was looking at her. Her head hung low as well as her shoulders. Her appetite was gone as her stomach turned and tossed with nervousness.

"Hey, there." A voice caused her head to bop up as it startled her. Her eyes landed on Alistair who was wearing the same easy grin from the morning and she found it slightly uplifting.

"Hello." She rendered him a soft smile as they walked together towards her friends table.

"How is your day going so far?" She asked nicely, trying to ease the awkwardness that was rising between them.

"Not bad. Even better now that I'm talking to you." Alistair wasn't intending to be flirtious but she genuinely, somehow, made his day a little -- just a little bit -- brighter. Maybe it's her blonde hair that reminded him of the sun. A rosy blush coated her cheeks as she chuckled lowly at him.

The minute they reached her friend's table, Alistair could tell they didn't like him. The blonde boy was shooting daggers at him through his eyes while the other girl was running her eyes all over him in a curious gaze.

"What are you doing here, Alistair?" Sully asked him. He stood up from his chair, drawing the girls closer to him. That action slightly offended them because they can take care of themselves but it was in Sully's nature to be overprotective.

Alistair wasn't as intimidated as Sully would have liked. They both matched in size but Alistair was a few inches taller than Sully, and Sully was already pretty tall to being with so Alistair is a freaking giant compared to the girls. But they weren't threatened by them, Brooke knew that Sully was a big teddy bear underneath and probably so was Alistair.

"Sully, it's okay. We were just talking." Brooke smiled softly at Alistair before glancing back at Sully. She raised her hand and gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze. She nodded at him and Sully raised his hands in surrender before setting back down.

"Just know I won't hesitate to fight you if you hurt her. I sat down because she asked me too." Sully continued to glare at Alistair while he nodded silently at him.

Now that the dominance show was over, the girls also took a seat. Brooke squeezed between the two boys while Izzy sat next to Sully.

"Alistair, that's Izzy and Sullivan." Brooke introduced her friends. Izzy shook his hand and Sully intentionally took a second to do so as well.

"Did you tell him about that thingy?" Izzy whispered but she is known for being a bit too loud so Alistair heard her anyway.

"What thingy?" Alistair furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nothing." The three of them replied. It caused Alistair's curiosity to rise even more as the three of them mumbled to each other.