28.| time, time, time.

It was a rainy day

                    It was a rainy day. The house he was in was dark and empty. The raindrops sounded too loud but he didn't mind them. The wooden floors beneath his feet cracked as he moved around. The chill in the air causing slight shivers to run up and down his spine but as he stared at Brooke, his insides warmed up.

Orion Grey was dressed in all black. The hoodie he had on covered half of his features. It all added to the disturbing situation.

He stared at Brooke with so much hatred and envy, it caused his soul to be set on fire with furious flames.

The unconscious girl sat on a chair, tied with robes to it. It satisfied Orion to finally see her weak and at her worst, for his plan to come to life.

His jaw clenched with anger. His mind was swamped with ways to make the girl suffer. His fists were balled up as he paced around.

She has always been in his way, ever since they were still in primary school. The teachers were obsessed with her, their peers, the families, the elders, everyone just loved her.

And his family also adored her and they reminded him of it every chance they got.

His dad always noted how perfect she is, how perfect her grades are, how perfect her body is, how she is better than Orion. He made sure that it was engraved in his mind as he hit him time after time.

Orion had to keep a clean record, had to keep a perfect score, had to act all innocent and happy because Brooke was this way. If he didn't keep up with everything she did, he would get a slap across the face or a punch in the gut. A punishment to remind him that he is a failure, a disgrace and a worthless piece of shit.

He cursed the town for being so small and letting everyone knows everyone. If it was a big city Orion's dad would have never heard of the perfect Brooke. Maybe then his dad would have loved him more and hit him less.

Everything would have been easier without her.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

                      The sound of footsteps pacing around is what woke Brooke up. Her head ached and her heart was pounding fiercely in her chest. Her ears rang and she groaned lowly at her painful headache. Her neck was stiff and sore. Her wrists and legs were numb and that's when it dawned on her that she is tied down to a chair.

Her heart rate picked up and adrenaline shot through her body and spread like wildfire.

Her memories slowly coming back to her.

She was on her way to see Alistair when she felt a strong bang on the back of her head and then everything turned black.

She glanced up, ready to put a face to her tormenting blackmailer and what she saw send her body into another shock.

"Orion?" She whispered breathlessly.

Thoughts upon thoughts attacked her brain as it went in overdrive trying to digest the new information.

"What the hell?" Her throat was scratchy and dry. Her voice came out cracked and weak.

"Get me out of here!" Panic was flooding her system. She started to wiggle her wrists, pull, push and tug trying to get the thick robe loose.

"There's no point in moving, Brooke. Tying robes is my specialty," his voice was cold and distant. It sent shivers down Brooke's already aching spine.

The person in front of her wasn't the person she had known her whole life. He wasn't the golden boy destined to have a great career anymore. He was twisted, angry boy that held Brooke's fate in his hands.

She couldn't imagine that the boy, who is right in front of her, is the same boy she always sees at school.

Orion was known for his charming personality and dashing grins. His fun pranks and stupid shenanigans. He always had someone with him. A new friend, a new lover. And despite his best efforts, the teachers still liked him.

He was everyone's favourite.

"What are you doing, Orion? You could get in a lot of trouble for this." Brooke's heart was still in a frantic state but she hoped that she would talk Orion down or at least stall him until someone gets here.

Is anybody looking for her?

How long has she been gone for?

Is it long enough for people to get worried?

Her thoughts spiralled down into abyss but she refused to follow them. Instead she focused on stalling.

"Why are you doing this? I have never even talked to you!" A slight tremble could be heard in her voice.

Orion had finally stopped pacing. He pulled a wooden chair similar to hers and sat right in front of her. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared right into her eyes.

His were lifeless yet underneath the tough look, Brooke could see hatred and pain and it scared her.

Because if she was the reason behind that pain or if the hatred was directed solemnly at her, then this would be the end.

"Let's see how miss perfect will get out of this one," he smirked. Evil radiating off of him.

Fear creeped up on her like a spider. It slowly made its way from her head to her toes, leaving a trail of shivers along the way. Tears welled up in her eyes, the back of her eyes burning from holding them in. A tear after the other went down until she was full on crying.

Her pulse in her throat as well as the contents of her stomach. Her fingers getting numb from the tight robe. Her hands getting wetter by the second as her nerves spiralled out of control.

"Please, let me go," she said. Her voice thick with sobs.

"I'll do whatever you want," she said.

Her thoughts were turning darker. Death lured around the corners of her mind. Scaring her even more. She was too young to die. She hadn't lived her life to the fullest yet. She wanted to go to university, to experience a new chapter of her life. She wanted to thank her friends for helping her out and sticking with her. She wanted tell Alistair that he is loved and appreciated. That his efforts to be kind is noticed. She wanted to tell her parents how much she loves them. She wanted to grow old with her dogs and rescue more. She wanted to be better, to see herself at her best. She wanted to help change the world.

She wanted a lot of things but it didn't seem important at that moment.

Her breath hitched. Her pulse accelerating yet everything around her seemed to stop as Orion pulled a gun.

I feel like I was repeating myself a lot this chapter so I am sorry for that. I need to reach a certain word count.

We are nearing the end people, get ready! It is going to be a bumpy ride.