08.| boxed wine

The more time she spent with Alistair, the harder it got to think logically

The more he spent time with her, the easier it got to fight off his thoughts. He doesn't really know why or how she is helping him exactly but he was grateful anyway.

It seems like such a while ago since he me her but really it has only been two weeks.

Everytime she spoke, she gave away a piece of herself, he was slowly uncovering her, revealing her. She has to be the most genuine person he has ever met. Her smiles were all real --nothing like the weak ones he wears all the time-- and she smiled at everyone. She is also kind, a kindness that's rare these days, a kindness that has been taken advantage of, a kindness that asked for nothing in return, a kindness that would change the world. Brooke aspires him to be that, to be better, kinder and maybe happier too. She steered something in him, awoke something that has been hidden deep in his soul and quiet honestly he doesn't know how to feel about that.

He never knows how to feel anymore.

The only thing that he is capable of feelings these days is guilt. He is ridden with so much guilt, he doesn't know what to do with it. And it keeps getting heavier and heavier, the weight keeps adding up and he doesn't know if he can keep carrying it all.

He never knows anything anymore.

He's in a constant state of nothingness. Where nothing makes sense or matter anymore. He is lost in an ocean with no lighthouse around yet he can't bring himself to care. He could drop dead today and it wouldn't matter, not him anyway.

Maybe Brooke could be his lighthouse, or maybe he's reading into this thing between them too much.

Maybe her kindness, soft smile and locks of sunshine could bring him out of his misery. Or maybe she could help swim alone to the shore, show him the way then disappear. Because she can't fix him, he has to be the one who fixes himself. Not that he want to be fixed anyway.

Maybe fixing isn't the right word for it because there's nothing wrong with him, he's just sick and maybe acknowledging that is a step closer to the lighthouse.

● ● ● ● ● ●

Brooke found herself laying on her bed as Izzy and Sullivan fought over their recent pool of suspects. Bucky laid on her feet almost asleep while Nat curled up next to her armpit.

"They are crazy, aren't they?" Brooke mumbled to Nat.

"We're crazy about your safety." Sully answered her, his hands rest on his hips as he scowled at her.

"I love you guys but you're giving me a headache," Brooke rubbed her temple with her free hand. "And I don't think we going to figure out who's behind this tonight." They have been over this all morning, actually all day for the past two weeks. It was slowly driving Brooke insane. Yes! She was scared out of her mind but she could at least relax a little so she could have another crack at their suspects with a fresh mindset.

"Babe, you have to keep in mind that they aren't only threatening your safety, but also ours and possibly your parents," Izzy ran a hand through her hair as she sat on the bed next to Brooke.

"The faster we figure out who it is, the faster we could go back to our lives." Sully nodded in agreement as Brooke let out a tired sigh.

This whole thing has been emptying Brooke out of her energy. The positive attitude she always try to maintain is slowly unfolding which is causing the bad, the ugly and the negative to seep through. She could almost see her aura darkening as she spends another day in fear of her blackmailer.

What bothers her so much is the why. Why her? Why now?

If the motive behind it was humiliation, wouldn't be a better idea if they had done it years ago when she would still be in the same class surround by the same judgmental people? She's going off to college in August, she probably wouldn't step another foot in Black Mountain again after that, especially since her parents are moving to Sunny California and her bestfriends would also be in college in different parts of the states.

The motive behind this isn't clear and it bugs Brooke so much because maybe if she can figure it out the why, she can figure out the who.

"Let's do something fun!" Izzy clapped her hands causing the others to look at her.

Izzy is smart, loves reading, does her homework on time but she also likes to have fun because her mind can get a little bit too much for her sometimes.

"Do you have any suggestions?" Sully asked. Sully wasn't opposed to the idea but he didn't want to go somewhere where the girls wouldn't be in his line of sight, he wanted them safe.

"Not really," Izzy shrugged. "Let's go to the movie or something, we can smuggle boxed wine and enjoy a comedy or something." It was the middle of the week so there wasn't any parties to attend. When the trio have nothing to do, they go with a movie and wine.

"Yeah, that's sound fun." Brooke smiled, a real genuine smile that hasn't appeared in a while. Only her friends could bring it out even when Brooke didn't want to.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●

      Sully giggled loudly as they were directed out of the theater by a worker. The worker rolled his eyes at them. The trio were drunk, completely out of their minds.

"Your eyes are really beautiful," Sully smiled at the cinema worker. He was a boy around their age with sandy blond hair and brown eyes. Sully was weirdly hypnotised by him. The guy wrapped an arm around Sully's waist as he helped him walk towards some chairs to sit at.

"Thanks?" A pink blushed coated his cheeks as he cleared his throat.

"What's your name?" A lop-sided smile graced Sully's lips as he stared at the guy unapologetically.

"Mason, you?" Mason stole a glance at Sully before looking ahead again.

"Sullivan Kenyon," Sully hiccupped. "But a cute guy like you can call me Sully." Another flirtious smile formed on his lips.

"Or daddy." Mason chocked on his saliva as Sully smirked at him. The girls giggled at them from behind.

Sullivan was a very flirtious drunk and his gay radar usually breaks off when he drinks more than he should. He would literally flirt with any guy passing by. He once flirted with Brooke's dad. Brooke's dad would always take the opportunity to tease him for it.

Mason ended up calling an uber for them. He took Sullivan's address and gave it to the driver. He tucked the trio in their seats and payed the driver because he knew for sure that none of them were in their right mind to pay.

He shook his head at the weirdos as the car drove away. This is the most interesting thing that has happened to him in this cinema.