14.| questions

Alistair came to the realisation that he knows nothing about Brooke, literally nothing, but she has managed to fool him with her sweet words and wonderful insights that made him think he knows her

                       Alistair came to the realisation that he knows nothing about Brooke, literally nothing, but she has managed to fool him with her sweet words and wonderful insights that made him think he knows her. Only he knows of her and not how she really is.

Alistair had heard of her before, she was the girl with a soft smile and good grades who is always accompanied by two friends.

That's all he knew back then and all he knows now.

It made him kind of angry, to tell her a lot of things about himself and for her to only reveal the tiniest of bits, it doesn't seem fair because it is taking all of his might and courage to do so yet she is not even bothered to tell him her favorite color.

It made him feel like she is ready to leave any second and that hurt. 

Maybe he wasn't asking the right questions but today, he is planning on changing that.

He walked the same way to the bleachers, he was fidgeting with his fingers wondering about what kind of questions could he ask her. It seemed like he has to tread lightly. As if the wrong question could scare her off.

She sat there, the sun shinning on her like she was an angel. An almost halo surrounded her and for a second all his doubts and anger he held toward her was gone.

He blinked slowly and shook his head before he walked towards her. His breath getting a little bit quicker than usual as he felt a nervous energy erupt from deep within him. A little coat of blush covered his ears, neck and cheeks.

"Hey, Al." As soon as she said that, his body relaxed.

He sat next to her, debating whether or not he should do this. He actually started to care about her and she fills up most of his times these days so he didn't want to lose that. He didn't want to lose her.

"Is it alright if I ask you a few questions?" Brooke's heart stopped for a second before it resumed to beat faster.

"Just so I can get to know you better," Brooke tried to convince herself that it isn't a big deal.

"Sure." She gulped but smiled softly at him anyway. It's only Alistair and he only wanted to know her better, she kept reminding herself that.

"You don't have any siblings, right?" Alistair tried to sit comfortably, to make this as normal as their everyday conversation and not to make it seem like an integration.

"No, not if you consider dogs as siblings." She chuckled awkwardly at her attempt to make a joke. Alistair grinned a little.

"Yeah, I remember Nat and Bucky. You named them after Marvel characters." Brooke's heart swelled a little because Alistair remembered something from their first ever outing.

"How was your childhood?" Alistair asked. Brooke took a second to recollect and arrange her thoughts before speaking.

"It was peaceful, mostly. I grew up with pets because my parents wanted me to learn how to share and give," She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she smiled at the memories.

"They couldn't have any more children because of health problems. They thought about adopting few times but their work schedule got in the way,

"I learned how to talk and walk pretty early so my parents sent me to kindergarden earlier than normal kids and I loved it so much that I went another extra year." They fell into a soft rhythmic chuckles.

"I have always loved school and learning," She mumbled. She was openly admitting that she was nerd.

"Me too, honestly." Alistair sighed, a trace of laughter still present in his tone.

"I hated cats for the majority of primary school because mom has a phobia but I got over my hatred pretty fast when I met a stray white cat. I called her fluff." Her smile kept getting wider and Alistair watched her in awe as she spoke.

"I had to keep her a secret from mom so I brought her food in the park near my school. She was a good cat, she stayed there in a makeshift house that I made from pizza boxes."

"What happened to her?" Alistair asked.

"I actually don't know!" Brooke laughed. "I guess she had an owner or someone took her to a shelter. She just disappeared and I haven't seen her since." Brooke shrugged. She hoped that the cat has a happy, healthy life.

"What do your parents do?" Alistair asked again.

"My mom is a kids therapist and my dad is the chief nurse in the local hospital." Alistair nodded, taking in the new information. Maybe his father knew Brooke's because he said all uniforms knew each other.

"I think him being a nurse fits him so well because he's really loving and caring and just a teddy bear." Brooke's blue eyes shone brighter as she spoke about her parents and Alistair continued to stare at her in awe and wonder.

She was a gravitational force that just kept drawing him in and he couldn't be bothered to protest. Because for the first time in a while, he actually wanted to feel something, anything and she was a hurricane, storming into his mind and heart with her soft smiles and bright blue eyes that glinting with so many emotions yet still hid some.

She was just marvelous.

And until he figures out what she's hiding and why she's making him feel this way, he going to stick around. He is going to continue unraveling her soul.

He knew this was borderline obsessive but he didn't care because his body, mind (and dare he says heart) wasn't his when it comes to her.

Fuck! I keep forgetting to post. I am sorry!