Chapter 3 - Damn it...

~~~ Anise talks with Cedric

Jed had finally left to be with Norli thankfully. What she wanted to talk about she would have felt really weirded out if he had been there. She knew he'd quickly know since they kept very little from each other. Some subjects they hadn't gone into details about, but Jed had been very frank about wolf relationships and when they started. Since she was getting close to her next birthday she was starting to really wonder what it would be like with Cedric. They'd been sleeping next to each other for half a year and he was just a bit older than she was.

She wanted to be with him even if they couldn't mate until they were adults. Anise's mom had talked to her about it, but she was Cedric's mate and he'd never do anything to hurt her. Since they hadn't mated the chances of something happening was impossible. She knew why her mom was so worried since she'd gotten pregnant so young and had to raise both. The two of them had grown up knowing it even though they knew her mom loved them dearly. It showed in everything they did for them. They'd always come first with few exceptions.

What Anise really wanted was for her mom to let go and do something for herself. It didn't have to be a relationship but even just a haircut, relaxing, and accepting help from the pack. Even when they joined her mom had been somewhat distant from the pack members and it bothered her. Having had Jed as her seeing eye wolf and then Cedric she knew just how much the pack cared. It wasn't just caring but feeling how they wanted to protect them. It was even when she was still a child after the fire. She could tell the pack had done what was needed to welcome them.

Since she was blind they'd taken to ensuring the paths she normally used were kept from being changed much. It included the bench she used when she still thought Jed was a large dog. There had been a time or two when she'd hit someone with the ball she tossed for him. It hadn't taken long for the pack to reserve a section of land in the back for when she was tossing. There had even been several times other 'dogs' had brought the balls back. Thinking back, she'd realized they were playing with her as much as anything else. They'd had fun chasing the balls and bringing them back before Jed could. When she realized it, she'd taken several out and started tossing them to the amusement of the other teen pups.

Cedric could feel her thinking and finally had to ask, "What are you thinking about Anise?" Currently it was later in the day and they were curled up on a love seat in their room. He knew she was close to her full growth based on her scent. It was different from a she-wolf since they only came into heat twice a year when adult. With human's it was on a roughly monthly cycle. Having Elder Ada explain human females to him had been horrible. Even his wolf had wanted to hide from the frank talk.

She sighed, "I want to be with you and not just sleeping. I love being next to you but doing anything else is going to greatly upset mom. I know she understands wolf matings but is scared of me becoming pregnant young. I want a pup eventually, but I know it won't happen. I want you to not just love me but to make love to me, but we need to talk to mom before I do anything." It was hard saying that since her mother had been so hurt by her father. Anise wanted to go and scream at him for the pain he'd caused her mother. She had no idea of Henry's plans to deal with her father.

It was something he'd been expecting her to approach him about and had to growl about. Not at his mate but the pain her father had caused the entire family, "I will talk to her Anise. You are going to be my mate and no you shouldn't end up pregnant at our age. Pregnancy between unmated wolves is so very rare. When mated it can be years before the first pup is delivered. I'm about your age and mom and dad were well into their thirties when mom became pregnant with me. It's simply how wolves have pups. It keeps us from over running Earth due to our long lives. I love you so much and have since I met you."