Chapter 5 - Dad? Oh no

~~~ Amy and Chelsea

Amy and Chelsea were hiding in Nancy's suite away from their older siblings. Even though both girls were getting older watching the other two cuddling and talking quietly to each other bothered them. It didn't help having Jed and even Norli laughing at them. Amy was sitting at one end of her bed almost glaring at the TV and Chelsea was next to her, "I know they're going to be mates but she is my sister. Seeing the two cuddling and having to listen to the little things they say..." She had to shudder. As of yet she really hadn't felt any urge to cuddle or get close to a boy like that. She'd admit some were cute but that was about it.

Chelsea groaned, "Tell me about it only it's with my brother. When they found each other was bad enough but it's almost like they've upped it a notch just to annoy us. Darn brother. What's even worse is I know Jed, Norli, and Dad are laughing at us and our reactions." She was whining, and she knew it, "I'd say darn fathers, but he'd know I said it and laugh even more."

Amy returned the whine, "And now that moms joined the pack she'd know as well. Even if she's not all that good with the bonds she seems to have a sixth sense about when I'm fussing or considering doing a naughty." She glowered at the TV even more. It wasn't on, but it was at the receiving end of her glaring.

"School is going to start soon. Why don't we be really good and not have some ice cream, not stay up late to watch silly movies and crawl in early?" She was being silly since she knew those paying attention would know it.

Jed had come back to the suite they were sharing and after knocking he walked in, "Deal with it you two." He smirked at them, "When you find your mates, I'm going to be laughing my ass off, tease the daylights out of you, and I'm sure your siblings will also. I know they are your siblings, but they are also going to be mates one of these days." He settled down at the other end of the bed and grinned at them.

Both girls glared at him and pouted, "You are a horrible wolf Fido. Only hard brown chunks and canned dog food for the next week!" Amy had to pick on him back. She saved Fido for when he was being a pain.

"Come here you two horrible younger siblings and give me a hug. I understand because I watched one of my older siblings with horror. I was older than you two, but it was still annoying." When both came over, he wrapped an arm around each and held them close, "I am not going to tell you there is part of a carton of ice cream in the main fridge. No staying up late, no watching horrible movies unless they are really bad monster movies and ensure you don't pester your siblings."

Both girls started snickering and giggling as he told them not to do what they'd been thinking about. It was way to amusing, "Thanks uncle Jed." Amy really did think of him that way.

Chelsea made a face, "Nope, not happening about teasing my brother." She did smile, "I am glad for him but I'm not going to let him know that." The two relaxed with Jed for a time before he moved and hopped off the bed and left the room. With a knowing look they slipped into the central room and snitched the ice cream and some spoons.

Jed lightly knocked on Nancy's room and poked his head in, "Girls are taken care of for the moment. They are going to horrible things such as ice cream, maybe watch a movie or two, and probably fall asleep before they want to. I'll have Norli check on them later."

Nancy snickered, "Thanks Jed. If I had gone in, they would have felt like they were being disciplined. Night Jed and see all of you in the morning." She was already dressed for bed and slipped under the covers and was quickly asleep.

~~~ Henry and Auggie

Augustine didn't even try to pick up the picture because he knew his hands would be shaking badly. He'd never expected his past to catch up with him, but it appeared to have. He wasn't sure how old the picture was, but it showed Nancy with two younger girls. He was guessing maybe six and eight. Just looking at the girls he could see his mother in the shape of her in their faces. Nancy he easily recognized though she was older in the picture. He couldn't control his instinctive reaction, "Never seen them before." Even as he was lying, he could feel his heart and breathing rate accelerating.