Chapter 4 - Hello Auggie

A/N: I did a rough edit this but there are going to be some errors.  Feel free to point them out but I'm going to do a better edit after nano is over.  Hope you enjoy this chapter.

~~~ Henry gets ready to leave

Nancy was sitting at her desk at Henry's main office. She would occasionally work at the pack house but most of her time was centered at the main offices. Taking calls, filing documents, creating new ones as needed. As she was working it was almost shocking at how far she'd come in the last few years. When she'd started she'd felt like she was almost floundering. Thankfully his former executive secretary had taken her under her wing. It'd been time for her to retire which was one reason Henry had hired her. It'd taken some time to learn everything needed. Even now she was learning though she was doing quite well.

As she was working Henry called. Since she was working, she answered professionally, "Good morning Mr. Dawson. I'm almost done with the document you asked me to work on. What else can I do for you?" Since she already had his schedule up on one monitor, she was ready to make any changes needed. Getting used to several monitors had given her a headache. It'd been years since she'd even looked at a computer and learning the new ones had been a pain. She'd use them at work but at home? Dealing with the TV was more than enough. There'd been times she'd hit the wrong button and had to call for one of the kids to fix it.

"Morning Nancy. I have an unplanned meeting starting in a just over a week. I'll explain it later but it's something I just can't avoid. I'll be gone for a week at most so I'm going to need to have everything rescheduled. If it's critical assign them to one of the other senior lawyers. Sorry for the short notice." He didn't plan on being gone that long but better to take more time off than less.

"Yes sir, I'll take care of it. For the meeting is there anything you need me organize for you?" She was already starting to review his schedule to see what needed doing. Most of his cases had a junior lawyer assigned in case of things like this. They also did most of the footwork as needed.

"Not currently. As I said I'll talk to you when you come to the house this evening. Now if you could bring the files on..." They talked briefly for a few more minutes before he let her go. When he did a slightly malicious smile crossed his face. This was going to be way too much fun.

Once he let her go, he smiled at his phone and then punched in the number to Auggie's, as he thought of him, office. When the phone was answered it sounded like a younger female on the other end. Once she'd ran the spiel Henry smiled since it could be heard over the phone, "Good morning, I'm Henry Dawson of the Dawson law firm. I need to talk to Mr. Falcon about a private subject. It is of vital importance I talk to him and schedule and appointment to see him.

She blinked for a moment, "Just a moment sir." She looked up the company and found they had several offices around the country. Once she'd verified, he was the CEO of the company she contacted Mr. Falcon and briefly talked to him. She took the phone off mute, "I apologize for the delay. I'm transferring you over momentarily."

Augustine picked the phone up, "Good morning Mr. Dawson. Might I call you Henry? How can I help you this morning?" He had no idea why a lawyer would be calling him and especially one he didn't know and was from a different city. He ran through a number of items, but nothing came to mind.

"That would be fine Mr. Falcon. I would like to set up a time to meet with you Tuesday of next week. I would be hesitant to talk about what the meeting is for over the phone." Make it sound serious and the man would bite.

Augustine frowned when the other wouldn't say anything about why he wanted to get a meeting, "My time is very valuable, and it would be nice to have at least some idea of what the meeting would be about." He almost smiled when he mentioned valuable time.