Chapter 14 - The accident

A/N: Not really happy with thechapter. Hope it works for you, myreaders, and is satisfying. Read, vote,enjoy, and comment.~~~ Nancy and her Enforcers

As she'd requested the three enforcers came to the suite for a quiet meal. It had been enjoyable but also somewhat tense. The three people were fun to talk to, but it was like mixing an interview with a family meal. It felt really odd to her. Jax had joined them at Henry's request. Much of the meal had consisted of talking about the Enforcers. Their families, what their training was like, if they had mates, and pups.

By the time the meal was over Nancy was feeling more comfortable with the three. It didn't mean she liked the idea of being followed by one or more of them, but it was now part of her life, "I'm going to talk to Henry tonight and tell you my decision tomorrow. I appreciate your asking to be my guards, but it simply isn't something I've ever had to worry about. It's taking a bit of time to deal with all the changes."

"Take your time Luna. Finding the right fit is the most important part of having personal guards." The three stood and left the suite.

Anise gave her mom a knowing smile, "Deal with it mom, I've had one since Cedric just had to decide I was his mate. Even worse is I have several of the senior enforcer students following me around school. I'm sure you'll life."

Nancy frowned at her oldest girl, "Might ask Henry to assign you a few more just for good measure." She sighed, "Shall we go to our room and talk Henry?" She stood as another wolf was clearing the table and packing any leftover food up.

They'd talked for a while and she'd slept on it, well once he let her go to sleep. The next day she'd told them they would be her guards though it was on an interim basis as she kept getting to know her.

Monday they'd headed to the office and one of the three accompanied her into the building and settled down across from Nancy's desk. She was reading some information on a tablet even as she was keeping an eye out on everyone in the room.

Nancy had to shake her head but kept going about her day.

~~~ Hanz and Henry

As Henry was looking at the man, he was letting his senses to identify everything they could about the man's emotional state. For the moment it smelled and sounded like he was being honest. Henry wasn't going to push about prior contracts he had since he knew Hanz wouldn't tell him. He understood since there were a number of things, he wouldn't talk about to anyone. Maybe his fellow lawyers and Nancy but nobody else.

"I won't ask about those contracts. I doubt you'd talk about them and I won't demand you do. I will demand you no longer take questionable contracts. You have a job and I won't demand you stop. I just expect you to keep them above the law. Why did you take the questionable contracts?" That was the important question. He had his personal investigator looking into the man's past and one of his tech's had accessed his computer to see what might be on it. He wouldn't demand the man tell him, but it didn't stop him from looking into his back ground.

Hanz had to shrug, "I have a child though I've never been married. Her mother took me to court and as far as I can tell the judge is a man hater. She nailed me to the wall with child support. Her mother also received full custody with minimal visits for me." He looked down at his hands, "I see her three or four times a year for a weekend each time. You have no idea how badly it hurts me. She's a good kid and smart as a whip. I wish I could have custody of her for even part of the year. I take the jobs to be able to afford to pay the support and have a bit extra for gifts and things like that."

Henry was carefully watching him, and the micro muscle twitches seemed to coincide with what he was saying. His scent, breathing, and heartbeat also seemed to agree. The man smelled angry, upset, sad, and frustrated. All were reasonable scents based on what he said, "Depending on what happens I'll have you talk to one of our divorce and family law lawyers. For now, you are going to need to prove yourself to me and Nancy. The one issue I want answers to is why you were watching us. That I won't bend on."