Chapter 19 - Don't care about them

A/N: Warning some graphic methods of getting someone to talk.  Warning the ladies reading this...  Have a beer or two first.  I'd offer a snort of something but I don't share.

~~~ Auggie and his lawyer

Augustine stewed most of that evening after the trial. That little brat should be smacked for the way she talked to an adult. He was his child and he should have been able to discipline her. How the hell had she heard him anyways. What he'd been saying about the base born bitch had been under his breath almost. There was no way she should have been able to hear anything he said. Since he'd never dealt with a blind person, so he didn't know their other senses became stronger to counter the loss of vision.

If that woman hadn't stopped him, he might just have shown the brat proper respect. Then again, he had a feeling that monster wouldn't have left much of him if he'd tried. Watching the beast curl his lips and a few drops of saliva drop of his teeth sent a chill through him. It was obvious it wanted to rip his throat out and for good measure piss on his body. He wouldn't put it past Nancy to let him do it either. If he'd known about the break-in, he would be even more terrified of it.

Having Jessica sit in the back again and leave before he could talk to him pissed him off. Added the summons he'd been served. Right now, he was so angry it wasn't funny. He was to the point where he could barely eat because his stomach was in a knot. When he did eat it was only a small amount at a time. He'd tried to eat more and ended up returning the meal which'd been humiliating even though nobody'd seen it. Thankfully he'd made it to the toilet so there wasn't any evidence.

Even his lawyer was pissing him off. He should have been able to get him out of most of this. Fine, get the divorce, but abandonment, pain and suffering, that damn monster dog, and everything else. What they were asking for alimony and child support was ridiculous. It'd gone up significantly, to him, and that was something he liked the sound of. He'd worked his ass off for all his money and they didn't deserve as much as they were asking for.

He tried not to drink too much, so he would be sober in the morning when he called his lawyer, if he still was. Augustine would even grovel a bit since he'd proven nobody else was going to represent him. The idea of having some pro-bono lawyer assigned to him made him want to vomit again. He just knew it would be some lawyer who couldn't make it in the real world or just out of school. He just knew it and they'd be happy doing it, so they could get more out of him.

The next morning, he finally called Yosef and it was a rough call, "Yosef, I'd like to keep you on and I promise to behave. The same for the other issues. If needed I'll pay you a 10% increase. You know the case and what's going on. Ending up with a new lawyer would probably cause problems all around. Will you please stay on?"

Yosef smiled though he tried to keep it from showing as they were talking. He leaned back in the lovely desk chair the money from Auggie, damn it there he went again, had paid for. Well his contract amount for retaining Auggie, no, Augustine as a client, "Augustine this is your last chance. If you act out in court or in the courthouse we're done. Make no bones about it, I will drop you and you'll end up with some provided attorney. I know you talked to some lawyers about the other issues and I'm feeling somewhat irritated. Make it 30% and I won't drop you as my client." Fuck, his teeth were showing and thank god his tie was tight. He had to smile slightly at an old joke, why do lawyers wear a tie? It keeps the foreskin from creeping over their heads.

Augustine could feel his teeth start to grind and he struggled to relax. Once he had, "Make it 20% and we have a deal. Get the best deal you can and hopefully the judge will recuse herself." He was slowly breathing to keep his body relaxed.