Chapter 6 - Yes, I will

~~~ Nancy and her girls

Nancy knew she was going to have to face her girls eventually. It was going to be hard since they'd never met any of their family on either side. As far as Augustine she didn't know what family he might have. It was something he hadn't wanted to talk about and she'd assumed they were divorced or dead. Maybe he'd been from a broken home and his parents were bastards and washed his hands of them. She simply didn't know.

Her younger years hadn't been bad, there'd been love, fun, and lots of family time. Why they actually stopped calling or talking to her, Nancy wasn't sure. Part of it was her husband she was sure. He was still her husband since they'd never divorced. As far as what Henry had done, she didn't know since he'd never talked to her about. Even with the supposed pack visit he'd never told her what it was about. He'd simply told her he had pack issues to deal with and needed the time away.

As she was thinking about this she was sitting on his lap and he had his arms around her. They were strong and so very protective. Without realizing it she snuggled a bit closer and kept thinking. If she did decide to go and visit should she take her girls? For a brief moment she had to smile since Jed would be there in his wolf form which would scare and horrify a number of people. It was obvious he was huge even though Anise had gained many inches. He no longer came to her armpits but at the least her lower ribs. It made him a huge dog if you didn't know what to look for.

Jed did do the seeing eye wolf bit while she was in school but otherwise Cedric took care of her. That alone was enough to make her want to cry since she knew her little girl wasn't going to have to face what she had when the bastard left. How she wished she could have someone like that. Nancy wasn't really that old and as much as she had enjoyed Inigio she knew it was simply a friend with benefit thing. It felt good to start feeling like a woman and not just a mom. He was caring, enjoyed spending time with her and had taken the time to draw her. It was transient since he didn't have a mate, obviously.

As she was thinking Henry was also. He still had his parents though they'd retired some time ago and were at a location where retired Alpha's and Luna's tended to go. He'd been there many times and it tended to give him headaches. It was all the alpha's and luna's and the dominance flows. Even retired there was a pecking order and it gave him headaches, *Have a meal sent to my suite. Nancy isn't going to be up to handling the pack's sympathy. If you want to howl do so but until she's ready a pack howl is going to be hard on her. Her father passed away recently and it's hitting her hard.*

It was bringing back memories of losing his mate and he wanted to howl out for both of them. Instead he did his best to comfort her, "Nancy, go, say hello, and visit your father's grave. Be proud of what you've accomplished and who you are. Be proud of your girls and who they are. We'll go with you. Well, not the pack but I'll go as will those close to you. Jed, Norli, their pups, me, Cedric, and Chelsea." He pressed a kiss against her hair, "I've ordered food to the suite. Normally when the pack loses someone, we have a pack howl, but I have a feeling you couldn't handle it right now. We are going to do a pack howl but not right now."

He stood and settled her on her feet, "Come, you do need to talk to your girls and call your mother." He knew it was going to be hard, but she had to do it. It was a step much like how she needed to deal with her husband. He could deal with her hating him for what he'd done but eventually she'd understand.

"I'm scared Henry. I haven't talked to anyone in my family for years. They knew I had the girls but that was it. They never tried to contact me. They washed their hands of me. It hurts but which is worse? Losing my father or having my family abandoning me? I don't want to." Though she didn't think of it that way, she'd never talked about her family much as Augustine hadn't. They'd hurt her, and she hadn't talked to them about her family to keep them from being hurt by what had been done.