Chapter 13 - Get out Auggie

A/N: remember only partially edited.

~~~ Auggie and Jessica

"Well? Did the two of you have children?" Jessica wasn't feeling very happy right now. Even if he'd forgotten about his former marriage it impacted on everything. First it meant they weren't married, and their children were illegitimate. What did it mean as far as the inheritance if he died? How would it be impacted.

"She does have two children, but I don't know if they are mine or not. There is a paternity test requested to prove one way or the other if they are or aren't mine." He did his best to make it sound like he'd been the one to request the test before anything else happened.

"If you were married then why wouldn't they be yours? Did she have an affair?" She knew he'd never cheated on her and she'd never cheated on him. It simply wasn't part of who they were. They were fairly active even with having had two children. Knowing she was pregnant again was another reason he wanted this resolved outside the courts. After each child she'd taken care to exercise and keep her body in good shape. She showed some signs of having had children, but they were minor since she'd used coco butter lotions to minimize any stretch marks.

He had to shrug, "I can't say one way or the other. I'm moderately sure the second isn't mine. When I left, she wasn't pregnant as far as I know." She'd been barely pregnant, maybe six weeks so technically he wouldn't have known, "The first might be but She was born about seven months after we were married." That was the truth. Anise had been delivered seven months after they'd married, and he'd known she was pregnant before the marriage.

Jessica kept her eyes on him and based on her expression and the set of her arms and shoulders she was getting angrier, "So you might have abandoned your wife and possibly two children of yours? What the hell does that say about us? When you get tired of us you might just vanish? I know I can support them, and my family will help. What about your wife? Did you do anything for her? Give her any money before you vanished? Send any money to her over the years?"

Augustine was starting to really get worried. He'd never seen her this angry before and he simply had no idea what might happen. He had his money, but he didn't want to leave her or their children. It was a comfortable and enjoyable life style with a beautiful woman. Nancy had been attractive, but he got tired of her nagging him to get a job. They were so boring and tedious. Even with his college degree he hadn't been able to find anything. Doing the crap work she'd been doing definitely wasn't for him. What he was doing now he could pretty much work whatever hours he wanted. Many times, he was at the golf course or doing long lunches to network with others at his level of money.

"Jessica, I love you and would never leave you. We've been together for almost ten years. Have I ever given you an indication I might leave or want to? Have I ever shown discontent with your or our children? I haven't to the best of my knowledge. I might not be the most relaxed father, but I do love our children. I'm happy having you as my wife and I mean that. I think of you as my wife and not her. Legally I guess it's not quite true but it's how I feel. I love our kids but never grew up with any siblings and never really learned about children and how to deal with them. I do my best to spend time with them, talk to them, and show I care for them." He was trying to distract her from her other questions since he'd bailed on her.

He hadn't done anything for her since the damn money was his. It was in his name and his inheritance. She didn't have the right to any of it. He probably should have given her something for their children, but he was tired of diapers, nursing, bottles, and all the nasty messes children made. Thankfully he hadn't needed to deal with the messes with their children. It was something for the nanny to deal with once potty trained and out of diapers he spent more time with them. It still wasn't the most time, but he did.