Chapter 9 - Auggie calls

~~~ The P.I.

Once he received the information from his source, he printed it out and started reading it. Once done with the case he'd destroy the documents, he hated reading on the computer. Doing so tended to give him headaches strained his eyes. He wasn't getting younger, but he did good work. He was retired but he took the occasional job to support his preferred life style. One thing he'd always done was to remain in fairly good shape. He'd also enjoyed the ladies which required some money. He figured he'd earned the good life after spending most of his adult life watching how the people cheated, stole, and many other things. It'd gotten to the point he knew most of humanity was trash and only cared for themselves.

Since that was the case why the hell not retire and spend the balance of his life just enjoying himself. After seeing all the marriage related cases over the years he'd decided not to get married. Instead he had a small group of women he spent time with and did jobs to keep them happy. One thing he'd never done was ask why certain people wanted the information being requested. Most of them were of questionable reasons and he knew it.

As the papers were being printed, he started reading them as they came out of the printer. The first was what looked like a family and it appeared one girl was blind due to the monster in a harness next to her. There were one or two more but other than giving a possible location that was it. After pulling out a magnifying glass he started examining all three pictures. The second was an older picture and the third was of a very sharply dressed man who looked comfortable with who he was. There was a power which could be seen in in a picture. One thing he could tell was they were standing in front of a very large and stylish house.

Once satisfied with what he was seeing he pulled the rest of the papers out. It wasn't a large stack, but it would be something to start with. Information on a lawyer had been sent so that was the first place he started. He wasn't familiar with the company, so he opened the link and started flipping through the pages. When he came to a page with the senior company officers, he could feel his eyebrows raise. It was showing the woman in the picture as Henry Dawson's private secretary. He was actually shocked he'd found her so quickly. He'd gotten lucky before, but this was almost unbelievable.

He made a few web searches but not much was coming up on social media for the woman. A search of the girl's names did locate some social media. He started calling up what he could and shook his head. Kids just didn't have a sense of privacy controls. There were some in place but nothing really locking it down. He started sending information to the printer. It was information about their lives though nothing very private. Younger girl had more of a presence. The older of the two was going to be a bit harder to deal with since it appeared to be in braille, or parts of it. He could read it but not very well. There might be one or two people he knew who could read it.

He kept searching for information. Some of the searches were going to be on the dark web because they were illegal. Since he knew where she worked chances were good, she lived nearby. If the house in the one picture was where she lived it shouldn't be hard to find. There were only so many large and expensive houses. If needed he'd get an investigator to watch the offices and follow them to where ever they lived. Once he had that information, he'd send it back and get paid. For the moment he was going to wait for his searches to come back.

~~~ The mechanic

He knew the man he occasionally did work for and he only used him for the most sensitive cases, "Miguel, I'm going to my offices to take care of some things dealing with the inventory." He really was a mechanic, and this was a sideline job for him. It gave him some extra money though most of it was going into an overseas account. He did spend some, but he was very careful when he did. He had a nice car but not too nice. He'd rebuilt the engine but that was easy to explain because he raced it on the weekends.