Chapter #1

Please, follow, comment, and vote. YOUR choice. Comment in any ideas to help me continue the story! Hope you like it!

It's like... a day that werewolves wait for in a sort of 'excited fear'.

In this pack, everything is separated. Boys and girls basically live in two different worlds. We're separated because things just got too out of hand: female and male werewolves would mate before they met their true mates, because of a war that happened across all packs around the globe. The reason as to why is unclear, but it was big and for all packs to follow the same regiment today means that it must have threatened them all.

Unmated males went around mating unmated females, creating unmated offspring. The Moon Goddess chooses our mates, it's a tale as old as time, and our blatant disregard for her rules caused her anger. So the unmated offspring was like the Moon Goddess' punishment for anyone that defied her laws. So the Alphas and Lunas around the world took in all mated werewolf couples and let the rest die.

The intentional massacre of all "impure" held so much guilt that a weeklong grieving period takes place once a year.

***

Now, there is a new system. A system that was put in place to ensure a safe future for all werewolf-kind that would prevent more cases of unmated wolves, or at least lessen the chances of it occurring.

Every pack has agreed that they will all care for young werewolves until they reach a certain age, for most packs, this is up to the age of eighteen and each year, a large ball is held; where both girls and boys meet and find their mates in the comfort of the warm welcome of the Moon Goddess as she provides us with a blissful night. Well... most of us. This is usually how the mate pairing happens, but we do have one day where the feared Alpha is able to pick his mate at any given moment, so we need to be ready. This day, we call Judgment Day.

But the day the Alpha King claims he is looking for a mate, no one can tell him to "come another time" if he wants Judgment Day a month or six earlier, he can have his way and he will. The bite of an Alpha King turns you into their mate, if you already have one, then you're either safe from the hungry Alpha or you're his mate, if you're already mated and he wants you, the Alpha King will fight for his chosen mate... the chances for your own mate to win a fight against him are slim... But if you still haven't met your mate yet, you're in for one hell of an adventure, because once you're chosen, there's no turning back.

***

School seemed to have gone by so fast, but it's all the same. Nothing's different. I mean, what else is there to do in an all girls' school apart from giggle and gossip? There's no thrill or excitement, and definitely no panties getting in a twist.

It's a Monday today, and as of every school day, we have training. We train in both wolf and human form, but you can only train so much... To be in a same-sex school means you get used to catfights and broken nails, but most girls here are nice, there is not much to say about them.

It's safe to assume there are some rivalries, but they are usually over small things and all squabbles are settled in training class. Otherwise, we are like one big family with many smaller sub-families since relationships are usually built with your roommates.

I see my parents once a week – on weekends. It's another one of our rules in all of the schools, where we visit our parents so we don't forget them. My... rather large... groups of friends and I are made up of eight individuals. There's Eva, Valerie, Samantha, Phoebe, Lily, Macy, Mattie, Darcy, and there are Avery and Yasmine in a grade below us, but they don't usually talk to us, they're more like my close friends.

It's only during the final years of school that our age group is permitted to meet the boys from other schools. That means we were preparing ourselves for this big ball, the type where you wear a fancy dress, look for, and hopefully find your mate.