chapter 38: nadias story

~behind those fake smiles there lies a lonely heart~

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•
~Nadias pov~

I stare down at the phone, every single time we text someone always has to be bring up Mackenzie. Why is she always in the way?

"Nadia! Dad's coming home in a minute hurry up" ruby yells, my eyes widen as I close my phone and throw it on the bed. I have three words about my dad;

I hate him.

I know hate is a strong word but his just so careless and...wrong. his done stuff to me and ruby and all my mum does is stare and watch at us.

I run down the stairs and stand infront of the door with ruby beside me, my mum is in the kitchen. My so called dad always makes me and ruby stand infront of the door when he comes, like some kind of slaves.

Wich feels like we are.

"It's okay" i whisper to ruby forcing a smile, she nods her head nervously.
People think I'm this horrible mean person, ruby only knows the real me.

I hide everything that's happening to me behind an evil,mean and disgusting Nadia. I close my eyes shut when i hear the door open, and shutting really loudly.

"Where's the food"he says, I open my eyes and stare at the clumsy tall guy standing infront of me. His black hair everywhere as his brown eyes close and open slowly.

I swallow the lump on my throat, his drunk. His drunk, the worst thing ever. His mood is always worse when his drunk, a mood I would never like to see again.

"I-in the kitchen" ruby sutters, he stares at us intensely before barging past us hitting my shoulders, I hold into rubys hands as we enter the big living room wich is attached to the kitchen.

I sit next to ruby as my mum and dad sit opssite us, making me put all the food on my dad's plate. I sit back down and start eating my food, feeling my dad's gaze at me I look up mid-way of eating my rice.

"You eat like a pig"

I'm not even shocked, he always says things like this. That's why my body is more skinny than it should be, people think that I do it on purpose,So it get along with it. I put my fork down suddenly feeling anxious.

"So what did you do in school?" I stare at ruby my eyes wide at what she said, she clearly wants to kill us

"Sense when did you care" she spat at my dad, his eye brow is raised as I hold back the urge to chocke on the air, my dad slams his hands on the table.

"What did you just say?"

Ruby rolls her eyes as she stands up as well, no seriously this girl has a death wish. " Your clearly deaf, I said sense when did you care".

"Ruby! Don't talk to your father like that, he obviously cares" my mum says, backing the devil up. So I decide to back up ruby.

"Oh please shut up! All you ever did was stare at us as he beats as up! What kind of mum are you? He nearly raped me mum. And what did you do? Nothing." I let out a bitter laugh, "that's the only thing your good at anyway".

She doesn't even bother hiding back her shock as she stares at me, my dad walks up to me slowly eyeing me. I yell for ruby to go, knowing what's going to happen.

She stubbornly stands there, till the point I actually start pushing her away shouting at her to leave. And when she does leave, I'm suddenly being pushed really hardly.