Tears

Sorry, half of my chapters are unedited. This one is unedited too.

The shadows deposited Leif and Sylrie at their tree house. They made it halfway towards the two small beds in the corner before Leif collapsed, his body shaking. Sylrie fell to her knees beside him and wrapped her arms around his chest. He drew her closer to him and let his tears fall into her hair. Sylrie's heart ached for him. Even though they had both agreed that his parents had judged her unfairly, they had still been his parents. And, cruel or not, he was going to mourn for them. Sylrie helped Leif to his bed, and then tried to go over to hers. She had only taken one step when Leif pulled her back. He dragged her onto the bed next to him and held her tight against his chest, lowering his head into her neck and breathing against her collarbone. She sighed and buried her face into his chest. A few of the tears she had been fighting back slipped out of her eyes and dripped onto his shirt. He held her tighter. I shouldn't be crying, she reminded herself. I should let Leif mourn in peace. But she couldn't stop the tears once they started, and they leaked out of her eyes. She could still feel Leif's tears falling into her hair, and all through the night they clung to each other as the tears rolled down their faces.

Sorry guys, I know i'm super annoying cause I don't edit this stuff and all my chapters are either super long or super short, but hang in there and I promise that it will gat better. Also, is anyone else suspecting that we haven't seen the last of our gray-cloaked friend? 

Cakey4 🍰