Commitments

There's something brewing...

The train started to move. Sylrie crouched down beside Leif and pulled off his jacket. She chucked it into the corner with the rest of the supplies and examined his bandages. The blood trickled out from underneath it. Sylrie cursed under her breath. The bandage wasn't tight enough. She would have to redo it. She unwrapped and rewrapped Leif's bandages four times before realising his shirt was stopping the bandages from completely covering the wound. She gulped. 

 "Leif," she whispered. 

"Yeah, Syl?" 

His voice was a hoarse whisper. She twisted her fingers together and raised her gaze to the ceiling. She took a deep breath, and then let her gaze fall back to Leif. He was watching her, his eyes questioning and bright and green. She gulped again. 

"Your...um...your shirt is in the way of the bandages." 

Leif looked down at the floor, one hand cupping the back of his neck. He exhaled and then pulled his shirt up over his head. Sylrie gasped. Gently, never taking her eyes off Leif, she grabbed the bandages and started to wrap them around his wound. She finished quickly, but let her fingertips linger on his side. He sighed and lifted his hand so he could run it through her hair. 

"Syl?" 

 "Mm?" 

"Just to be clear, still no commitments, right?" 

 She blinked. A commitment was the technical term for when you had sworn that you would love someone forever. Why would he say that

 "Of course not." 

"Just checking." 

 Then Leif slid his arms around her waist and kissed her.

Yay! Seif! Or Lylrie! I really need nickname ideas. Pls send me your ideas. I am hopeless at names. How will Sylrie react? Does she like him too? Or not? We'll see...

Cakey4 🍰