No Known Cure

I'll let you guess what that means.

Several hours later, Sylrie sat at her computer looking up the words Mysteria poison over and over and over. All of the result and web links had the same cursed words at the bottom. No know cure. Sylrie screamed in frustration and flopped down on her bed. Leif was in his room resting and as much as Sylrie wanted to be there with him, she couldn't. She had to find an antidote. But there wasn't one. Two new messages popped up on her email and she rushed back to the computer, hoping that it was something to do with an antidote. The first email chilled her to her core. It said;

Dear Little Sylrie,

You didn't really think we would let you and your friend get away, did you? We have an antidote that can fix your friend, but in return you will have to turn yourself in for execution. Either you die or he dies, your choice.

Signed,

Alluin Drannor

The murderer of your parents.

Sylrie's blood boiled as she opened the second email. She gasped in delight. It was from Twyla. It said;

Sylrie,

We know your friend has been poisoned and we will help him live, but in return you have to help us hunt down the Draconian council (the grey-cloaked figures).

Signed,

Twyla and the Draconian rebels

Sylrie sucked in a sharp breath. She now had a choice. To trust the Draconian council, or the Draconian rebels. She bit the inside of her cheek. For now, Leif's healing powers should keep him alive, but who knew how long that would last? She had no power of the declination of his condition. She tasted blood and stopped biting her cheek, but she still couldn't figure it out. Something seemed wrong. Not about Twyla's email, that had seemed totally sincere, but about the email from the Draconian council. Something seemed off, and Sylrie couldn't put her finger on it. She was still trying to figure out who to trust when a scream penetrated the air. Sylrie jumped to her feet. The scream was shrill and high pitched so she knew it wasn't from Leif. She dashed down to his quarters, grabbing two guns from the kitchen table as she passed. When she skidded into the room she saw Leif pulling on his shirt. It was still covered in blood, but right now they had more pressing concerns. Sylrie tossed one gun to him and tucked the the other into her waistband. He copied her and they both dashed out of the room and through the dusty corridors without a word. But before Sylrie could climb the ladder, Leif wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her. She looked at him questioningly. 

"Just in case," he said with a sad smile. 

Sylrie kissed him one last time before climbing the ladder.