A Boy With A Knife

Oooooh, mysterious.

When they arrived in the city centre, there was no one in sight. Another shrill scream shot through the silence. Sylrie grabbed Leif's hand and dragged him towards the source of the scream. They both sprinted into the next square across from Central Square before skidding to a stop. Two girls were lying in the centre of the square. One of them was passed out and the other one was trying to wake up the collapsed girl. Sylrie slunk towards them, then gasped when one of them looked up. She had long, flowing purple hair and bright magenta eyes. Sylrie had seen her before. She was a girl who had claimed to be from another dimension, one where the Draconian were heroes. She had met her on her travels, and at the time she had appeared to be crazy. "Hello," she said, blinking slowly. 

 "Um, hi," said Sylrie nervously. "Do you remember me?" 

The girl laughed, and the sound was like a tinkling bell. 

"Of course I do, silly. You're the shadow-girl. And your friend over there can help me heal Saki." 

The inter-dimensional girl shook the girl who had collapsed to the floor. 

 "Saki, Saki, Saki, wake up, wake up." 

The fallen girl moaned and rolled over. 

 "Star," she croaked. "Is that you?" 

 "Yes," said the first girl. "And I have some friends with me." 

Sylrie gasped as a boy appeared at the edge of the square. He had just come out of thin air. Sylrie glanced at Leif, thinking she was hallucinating but his face mirrored hers, a mask of shock. Sylrie returned her attention to the boy at the edge of the square. He had wavy brown hair and murky green eyes. He crossed the square and sneered down at the collapsed girl. 

 "Did you really think I would be your friend? I'm the one who burned your house. Goodbye, Saki. Have fun in hell," he said, before plunging a knife into the stomach of the collapsed girl, Saki. 

He pulled it out and it was dripping blood. Sylrie gasped again as another boy swung down of the top of one of the nearby buildings. He punched the first boy in the face. 

 "Jakania, you're here," said the inter-dimensional girl in surprise. 

"Yeah, hold on one sec," said the boy. 

He continued to punch the boy with the knife. Sylrie ran out of her hiding place and over to the bleeding girl. She crouched down beside her. She had dark brown hair, almost black, and purple-grey eyes. She was pale, her breathing was shallow and there was a lot of blood coming from the wound in her stomach. 

"Leif," called Sylrie. "Use your healing powers on her!" 

Leif ran over to them and raised his hands over the bleeding girl. He healed her and she suddenly sat up as though she had a nightmare. 

 "Saki, are you okay?" asked the inter-dimensional girl. 

"OW, MY HEAD!" screamed Saki. 

"What's wrong with her?" asked Sylrie, letting Leif lean against her. 

 "I don't know," admitted the inter-dimensional girl. 

"Guys, I'm okay now." 

 "Oh, good," said the inter-dimensional girl. "Um, Saki, your hair. I...i...it's yellow." 

 "WHAT!" screamed Saki. Saki peered down at her hair. The inter-dimensional girl started speaking again but Sylrie didn't really pay attention. She noticed Leif's eyelids drooping and the blood from his wound was soaking through his shirt. 

 "Hey, guys," Sylrie interrupted. "We need to get back to the hideout. Leif is bleeding." 

Everyone turned to stare at her and Leif. She wrapped her arm around Leif's shoulders and held him tighter. 

 "Okay," said the inter-dimensional girl, looking confused. "What hideout?" 

 Sylrie stood, supporting Leif. 

 "It's this way. Follow me."