Navigators

Akari POV:

Night started to descend while we walked through the forest, making it a bit harder to see. I guess that was fine with me since i'm always in the forest. My thoughts were interrupted by Leorio.

"It's totally dark out now, 'Walk for two hours' she said. Well it was two hours, two hours ago!" Leorio complained.

"Oi, Leorio quit your complaining." I said back.

He stopped walking and read a sign, "Beware of magical beasts eh? Man are we ever going to reach the exam site?" Leorio sighed.

Then he just started to complain even more. "I'm hungry! I need to take a dump!" "Leorio! We're going to leave you behind!" Gon said in between. "I need to take a leak too!" He continued.

I can't help but to smirk while they we're talking. Then Kurapika said "I see it!"

"Hey!"

'Quite the complainer aren't you Leorio?' I thought with my face like this..(V-V)

~Small Timeskip~

At the house, it seems like no ones home.

Leorio started to say "Hello? Anyone home?"

Then Gon said "Are they out?"

Leorio turned the doorknob and we all went inside the cabin.

'Why is it unlocked?' I thought to myself.

We were all surprised of what we saw in front of us.

We all put up our defences to protect ourselves. I drew out my sword.

"It's a magical beast!" Said Leorio.

"A magical beast?!" Questioned Gon.

"A transforming magical beast, the Kiriko! They can take human form. They're extremely intelligent." Kurapika stated.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"There's a woman in its arms!" Gon pointed out.

"And the guy on the floor needs medical attention." Leorio said as well.

The Kiriko jumped out the window while we were talking. "It's running away!" I said.

Leorio quickly went to aide the injured man. "P-please save my wife." He pleaded.

"Leorio take care of the man!" Kurapika said.

"We'll go after the Kiriko!" I said.

The three of us jumped out the window and followed the shadow.

I guess we split up, me and Gon jumped up on the trees to follow the Kiriko while Kurapika stayed on the ground.

Then Gon shouted "Kiriko! Let go of her!"

The beast just smirked and said "Take her from me if you can!"

'So they can talk.' I thought while we continued to sprint in the trees

I wasn't playing attention and Gon ended up falling.

"Gon!" I yelled.

'Oh well, looks like i'm gonna get split up with them if I don't stay with them' As I jumped off the tree.

"Sugee, they can talk too!" Gon exclaimed.

"The Kiriko can use human speech as well." Kurapika said

"Oh. That makes it a lot easier!" Gon replied.

"Yeah." I said as well

As we both jumped up on the trees once more, Gon shouted "Oi, silly Kiriko!"

"Over here you idiot!" I shouted as well. His reaction was pretty funny, I gotta admit.

"What?" He snarled.

We both jumped up and swung our uh-weapon at him. We both got a clean hit on him! Er I mean it? Who knows.

The beast dropped the woman and luckily Kurapika caught her right on time.

The Kiriko rubbed his head and said "Stupid kids, you'll pay for this!" As he ran off.

"Wait!" Gon yelled.

We both looked around trying to see any trace of where he ran off two.

"Looks like we lost him." I said. Then some leafs started to move then it continued to run away from us.

"Wait!" Gon shouted again.

He jumped into some leaves so we followed him..Bad mistake, we fell off a cliff. I can hear the wind whistle in my ears when we were falling. Good thing Gon had his fishing rod, he grabbed my hand and whipped his rode like it was a grappling hook, and he saved us.

"Arigato, Gon" I said smiling a tiny bit.

He just smiled back in return.

Up on the tree, he started to speak "Your pretty fast for a couple of kids, I didn't expect you to land a hit on me."

The Kiriko jumped down, and was ready to attack.

"Oi, Gon.." I whispered

He just kept looking around.

'Gon, what are you doing?..' I thought

He was about to attack, but then Gon said "Who are you?"

'What?..' I thought still confused.

The Kiriko was confused too.

Gon explained "You weren't the one I hit, are you his friend?"

'Oh I get it, now that you mention this'

I put my sword back and just stood there, listening. I have a feeling he's not a threat anymore.

The Kiriko asked "H-how do you know i'm not the same one?.."

"Huh, oh your face is completely different and your voice is a little higher and thinner." Gon replied

"Oh, I see what you mean Gon." I said

The Kiriko just started to laugh like a maniac. I don't know what to say at this point.

Gon seemed confused too.

~Another Small Timeskip~

All four of us came back to the cabin while the magical beasts explain.

Leorio whispered to Kurapika "Can you tell that their faces and voices are different?.."

"No, not at all.." Replied Kurapika.

Gon spoke up "You see, the one me and Akari beat up was the husband."

"Which one are you talking about..heh..?" Kurapika and Leorio said at the same time.

~To be continued~