Phase One (P.2)

~All rights reserved~

No Ones POV:

The first phase of the exam was about to begin, A slim man with purple hair that had no mouth has appeared before them. He started talking.

"I apologize for the wait, the entry period for the Hunter applications has ended. The Hunters Exam will now begin!" He says.

"If you are short on luck or ability, you may end up injured or even dead. Those who do not wish that please leave by the back door, those who accept please follow me." He continued.

A short pause followed after,

"Then, all 405 applicants will participate in Phase One." He said as he started to walk.

The examiner took long steps as he walked, making all the applicants jog a bit.

Then Leorio started to speak up, "Man I'd hope that a few might withdraw." He said as he jogged.

"Well would you withdraw after coming all this way?" Akari asked.

As she said that the examiner started to pick up the pace.

"The people in the front started to run." Gon said as he started to pick up the pace as well.

The examiner started to speak again, "I neglected to introduce myself, I am Satotz, the Phase One examiner." He introduced. "I shall lead you to the Second Phase." He finished saying.

Akari POV:

'So this is Phase One, huh..' I thought.

You know, I was not the best at running, I never liked it either. But that's what makes things fun, that's what I like to think.

I started to hear voices in the front, they seem confused that this is Phase One of this exam, but all we have to do is follow him.

~Small Timeskip~

Two hours already pass I guess, how far did we travel since we started? 30 Kilometres? I'm panting already. And lots of applicants already dropped out of the exam. Well if they can't run, they're probably not worthy of being a Hunter then.

I can't see the exit either, I turned around to see a sweaty Leorio and he looks like he's going to break down, Gon and seem fine.

I turn to my right and I see a kid with silver hair and looks like he's about my age riding a skateboard.

Leorio startled me as I ran when he shouted at the kid. "Hey kid!" He yelled.

"Hmm?" He turned around.

"Why are you using a skateboard?! That's cheating!" He continued to yell.

"Why?" The kid questioned.

I tried to hold in my laugh.. Leorio got so frustrated at him..

"This is a endurance test!" He stated.

At that point me and Gon jumped into the conversation.

"No, it's not." We both said at the same time.

"Gon! Akari! What are you saying!?" Leorio yelled at us.

"The examiner only told us to follow him." I said.

"So any thing like a skateboard is allowed." Gon said as well.

"Whose side are you on, eh?!" Leorio continued to yell.

The kid ignored Leorio and rode in between me and Gon. Then he asked us,

"Hey, how old are you two?" The kid asked us.

'Thats a little too straight forward..' I thought but I still answered anyways.

Gon answered first, "I'm twelve years old." He replied.

"Twelve as well." I replied quietly.

He made his skateboard flip and started running with us. We were both amazed by it. It's not like I see that everyday...

"Well, then I'll run with you guys too." He said.

I guess Gon was a little too excited and said "Wow! That was cool!" We all introduced our selves right after.

"I'm Killua." He introduced.

"I'm Gon." Gon said after.

"I'm Akari." I said lastly.

~An Hour Later~

It's been three hours now, we traveled for another 30 kilometres so that makes it 60 kilometres now. Most of the applicants dropped out, passed out or stopped and puked. If I turn around I see people about to fail, I looked closely and one of them was Leorio.

I wasn't the only one that turned around, Gon and Killua stopped for a second too.

"Hey, let's get going, forget about him." Killua started to say.

Gon just stayed quiet and I looked at Killua then at Leorio.

After waiting for a bit, Leorio got up and started running super fast and shouting, "Screw that!! I'm going to be a Hunter!" As he run past us.

As he ran by, my hair flew everywhere so I had to fix it (V-V). Gon just smirked at Leorio and flicked his fishing ride to get Leorio's suit case. He has great aim to be honest.

Then it was Killua's turn to be amazed.

"Let me try that after." Killua said.

"Only if you let me try your skateboard." Gon replied.

I just smirked and continued to run.

~To Be Continued~