Chapter 6: A Wolf & A Lamb

Vote&Comment

Thank you all for your support towards this book, continue on...

"Me?" Aelin pointed at herself in confusion.

Their table was completely silent at this point and she felt her cousin move closer to her, a small movement that nobody noticed. A protective stance.

"You stole my watch!" Lorcan bellowed, taking an intimidating step towards her.

Aedion growled in warning, sounding more animal than anything.

Her heart was beating fast in her chest and the tension was so thick she could have suffocated.

Keeping her face confused, she shook her head, "You're probably mixing me up with someone else. I would never do anything like that."

She made her voice soft and fragile, keeping up the innocent charade.

"Is there a problem here?" Mr. Erawan was approaching them and by now the whole cafeteria was looking at them.

Aelin widened her eyes and answered, "No."

Just when Lorcan sneered, "Yes."

The teacher stared between them two for a while, almost deciding who he was going to side with.

"Miss Ashryver, what's the issue here?" He questioned Aelin and she forced back a grin from forming on her face.

Guess he liked her more, apparently Lorcan wasn't a goody-two-shoes either.

"I'm not sure sir, he's blaming me for stealing his watch, but I didn't," Aelin stood up from the bench but didn't try to tower over Lorcan.

Instead she shrunk a bit when he glared hard at her.

To everyone else, it looked like a wolf preparing to pounce on a little lamb.

"Mr. Salvaterre do you have any proof or are you just throwing accusations?"

"It was her," He started, but then realized that he apparently did not have any evidence, nobody ever did.

He sighed, "No sir, I don't."

The bell rang but nobody shifted from their seats, everyone was too entranced on what was going on.

Aelin didn't like the hundred eyes that stared at her and blurted, "I have class."

They all do.

Erawan yelled, "Dismissed!"

Students shuffled, throwing away their trash and making their way to their next class.

Aelin grabbed her own tray and walked away from Lorcan, and Elide who was scolding her boyfriend for the whole drama.

Lorcan was still staring at her when she walked to the door and Aelin took that small moment to give him a devious smirk.
A fast expression that she was back to acting flustered in a few seconds.

She wished she stayed long enough to see how he reacted but she was pushed through the halls like a one-way wave filled with people.

Taking out a crumpled paper from her leather jacket she squints at the tiny printing on her schedule.

Her mouth twisted into a cat-like smile, the closest she's ever came to actually showing her teeth.

Aedion glanced over her shoulder to the sheet and read.

"Fencing, huh?" Her cousin said.

She hummed in response.

He whistled, "Have fun with them."

"Oh, trust me, I will."