Chapter 34: The Royal Theatre

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE and both her and Rowan were in the cab, driving back from the Royal Theatre.

"Was it what you imagined it to be?" He asked, brushing his fingers through her hair softly.

     Aelin sighed with a dreamy expression, "Everything and more." She leaned into his touch, still hearing the symphony of the orchestra in her mind. "You didn't have to do that for me, you know?"

     He stopped combing her hair and instead turned her chin so they were facing each other. For a minute he didn't say anything, only stared.

     She was wearing a black dress with gold flowers embroidered along the sides and she had her hair down. He was struck by her beauty. For a moment, he forgot what he wanted to say to her.

     Rowan looked at her with so much passion in his gaze that she felt her cheeks burn. He tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "I know I didn't, but I wanted to."

     Aelin scanned his face and read the sincerity and conviction. Heart thundering in her chest, she practically leaped onto him and locked their lips.

     "I love you," She murmured onto his mouth. The words coming undone.

     She's wanted to say it. From the moment they were drunk at that first party, to the moment where he practically jumped a bullet for her. The thought of him dying, never knowing that, scared her to bits. But here they were, and Aelin was so grateful.

     Those three words was the opening Rowan was waiting for. Climbing over her until they were spread out on the car seats, he connected his lips to hers. It was urgent and not at all choreographed but Aelin didn't care. She breathed in through her nose the smell of pine and grass and knew she was home.

     She moaned when he started exploring her neck but he pulled away suddenly, "Do you really want this?"

     He was hesitant, she could see the question in his eyes. He would stop the moment she asked. But she was ready; she was always going to be ready if it was with him.

"Yes," She shuddered, hands aching to touch him all over. Already missing his warmth.

     They were hot and sweaty by the time the cab pulled up to their apartment, and they were literally running up the stairs and into his room before they could be interrupted.

      Rowan let out a small laugh as he slowly closed the bedroom door. And then locked it.

     Aelin was standing by the bed. Watching him, waiting for him. Each step he took until he closed their proximity made her legs go numb.

"I love you," She said again, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

     Grinning from ear to ear, Rowan sprawled himself on top of her as he whispered, "You're about to find out just how much I love you."

     And then he smashed their lips together, and their bodies molded into one another.

A perfect half to a whole.

Grrr... I know I promised you guys a wedding chapter but I deliver you "The Royal Theatre". A chapter you never asked for.

Don't worry though, you'll get a snippet of Lysandra and Aedions big day soon ;)

btw: anyone want a face reveal?