Chapter 10: Roommate. No Thanks.

She was wrong. For a moment there she was actually having... fun? But it was only for a few seconds before reality was brought down on her again.

Aelin was seated on one of the chairs in the Principals office, and opposite her sat a furious Rolfe.

She was still wet and though the towel slung around her shoulders kept her warm she still soaked the chair in a matter of seconds.

"I'm disappointed Aelin, I really am," Rolfe huffed out, and apparently couldn't stay seated still, he pushed his chair back and started pacing back and forth rubbing his temples, "What were you thinking? Obviously, you weren't."

He sighed and ran a hand through his disheveled hair before looking at her once more, "I should just expel you, your actions have proved to me you just don't belong here."

Aelin couldn't hide her smirk. She was finally going to leave this hell of a boarding school.

"Then do it," She pushed, gripping the handles of the seat with excitement.

Aedion would give her crap about it later but she didn't care.

"I'm not going to," Rolfe said, "You don't deserve it, I'm not going to kick you out just for my pleasure or yours. But I am going to give you a warning, I don't want anything like this happening again. Agreed?"

Rolfe was at the edge of his rope, all it would take it one little tug—

"Agreed," Aelin nodded her head and yanked the towel tighter around herself. Not knowing if that was a sign of dismissal she waited a few more seconds.

"One last thing. Today, dry up and rest, I'm sure your dorm mate is anxious to meet you," He exclaimed and Aelin almost forgot she'd have to share a room with a stranger, "Tomorrow, yard duty."

Rolfe took a seat at his desk and started scribbling on a tower of papers. She groaned eternally and heaved her body to the door and into the empty halls.

It was already past curfew and not a whisper could be heard.

Only a few minutes before midnight Aelin finally found her room after roads of continuous signs and stairs.

Room N57.

Her bags were already sent to her room at her arrival here but she traveled light. Only taking some night clothes, toilet necessities and normal day wear.

She was going to be forced to wear the proper school uniform, with its white button-up shirt, red skirt and striped tie.

She shuddered, it was her worst nightmare.

Gripping the cold metal handle, she twisted the knob and was greeted with a wave of lavender scent. She knew that smell.

Her side of the room was completely empty, white sheets folded on her bed, a small wooden side desk beside that, and her black suitcase lying on the floor, untouched.

Turning to face the other end of the room she found it filled, covers already tucked into the mattress and sheets made neatly. The desk was packed with a tower of books, and some clothes were lying on the floor. No one in sight.

The sound of water stopped and Aelin whipped her head to the door of the bathroom.

"Welcome roomie."