Chapter 14: Loving The Best Friend

Just an add on chapter to build onto the story, this is for all those Chorian lovers out there ;)
boyxboy- That's right, if u don't love it leave.

[[Chaol]]

Standing under a tree with an untouched drink in his hand, Chaol silently glanced over the woods; to the clear opening with a bonfire and the space acting as a dance floor.

Chaol looked around trying to spot Dorian, it was getting late. The moon was full and illuminated the nights sky with a thousand stars surrounding the orb. Stepping over empty cups and sticks, Chaol approaches Eris, a guy who he's seen hang out with Dorian a couple of times.

Putting a hand on the skinny boy, he flinched back at the unknown touch and stiffened when he saw it was Chaol, "Hey man, any idea where Dorian is?"

"Haven't seen him the whole party, sorry dude," Eris shrugged off Chaol's hand and walked away, clearly they weren't going to be friends anytime soon.

It wasn't like Dorian to miss a party, he loves parties. Straying away from the noisy crowd he went in the opposite direction of where the school was and entered the lifeless woods.

Animals were asleep, and only small fireflies buzzed in the air. He didn't know when, but he was suddenly shouting Dorians name. Worried eyes scanned for any sign of his friend. He knew he shouldn't worry, he could be back in his dorm right now, but his gut feeling told him something was wrong.

That thought... just the thought of losing him, was enough to make Chaol pick up his speed, shout a bit louder until he knew he strained his voice.

Dorian, the little boy he met in the playground when he was younger. He had thrown sand into Chaols eyes as a joke, but he had cried and Dorian had apologized and told him not to tell his mom. His best friend, someone he could lean on and the only person that knew about his problems with his dad. Dorian, the guy who he was so irrefutably in love with.

"Chaol?" A deep voice sounded back in a whisper, and Chaol turned around to find Dorian on the floor. Both his knees were cradled in his arms, and his back was pressed to the oak tree.

He looked up at his friend and Chaol noticed the glittering liquid slide down his face.
He was crying.

Slowly walking towards Dorian, he crouched down without thinking and engulfed him in a warm hug, and fresh tears ran down on his friends face. Somehow, Chaol knew who those tears were for.

"It's Sorscha, isn't it?" Chaol pulled back a bit to see his friends face, Dorian bit his lip and nodded with a pout. His girlfriend, Sorscha, whom he'd been with for more than a year, moved away that summer to the opposite side of the world, breaking up with Dorian before leaving.

Dorian. He was heartbroken. The first few days were hell, he'd stayed in room the whole time, the first weeks were worse-he didn't talk to anyone not even Chaol. He had known his friend wanted space and gave it to him. He couldn't help but feel a little hope, no matter how selfish it was to think about. He spotted an empty bottle of vodka next to them, but didn't have the heart to tell him off.

Dorian calmed down slowly and Chaol stood up, gently pulling Dorian with him. He didn't say anything, if his friend wanted to talk then he'd listen. Chaol gazed at him and softly wiped off the tears glistening under his eyes.

"T-There's something else," Dorian whispered, stuttering over a few words, and looked down at his shoes. "Well I mean there's s-someone else."