Chapter 25: My Little Gay [+]

"It's been a crazy year," Dorian admitted, holding a mic causally in one hand while grinning widely, "But I know, for a fact, that I don't regret any moment of it."

Chaol could only stare, not knowing where Dorian was going with this.

"I met new friends," He looked at Aelin with a smirk then turned to him, "And I fell in love."

The room was silent and Chaol was certain anyone around him could hear the pounding of his heart against his chest.

"I fell in love... with a guy. And that guy is Chaol," Dorian smiled then, staring only at his best friend and no one else. Even as the whispers started to grow, Dorian never took his eyes off him and instead continued.

"I never thought I'd meet the love of my life... People told me that when you meet them you'll know, I didn't believe it. But then I met you, and for the first time I saw everything in a different light."

Chaol found a spotlight being pointed at him which only made his nerves worse, and with slow clarity he realized that his classmates were parting away to give him enough space to walk up to the stage.

So he did, and with every bit of strength he had left in his legs, he climbed those few stairs until finally they were face to face, standing in front of the whole school.

Chaol shoved his hands in his pockets, trying to hide how they were shaking, but Dorian pulled them out and held onto them tightly.

"I love you, you know that?" Dorian said, only within earshot of Chaol, low enough that people at the front leaned in to try and listen.

"I know," Chaol teased, feeling his eyes start to glisten. All of a sudden Dorian was bending down on one knee.

"Shit, Dorian, don't tell me you're about to fucking propose," Chaol gaped, wanting to hide from all the attention they were getting.

"No, but this is a promise, to love each other now and until we're ready," Dorian chuckled and opened the small box in his hand that held a ring, "I guess there is only one question left to ask... Will you be my boyfriend?"

Chaol could only nod, swallowing down hard to keep him from bursting out in tears like the sensitive guy that he was, "Well damn, when you put it that way how could I refuse."

Before he could even blink, Dorian practically jumped onto him and slammed his lips onto Chaols. The sound of cheering was deafening, overtaking the few boos.

Chaol couldn't help but smile, and it only grew when he saw Dorian smiling back.

"Come on, let's go dance," Dorian clutched his hand excitedly and dragged him off the stage.

Chaol followed after him in a daze. People clapped his back and words of congratulations were heard, yet Chaol couldn't believe the amount of people who were supportive.

It was probably because of Lorcan and Rowan,  who were practically snarling at any person against the situation.

Blending into the crowd again, Chaol looked at his former best friend now boyfriend and leaned in for another kiss, comfortable once more. This one softer and more long lasting, just like they would be.

"I'm never gonna let you go," Dorian murmured, tugging at his jacket.

"Good," Chaol rasped out, "I wasn't planning on it either."

~

Aedion didn't care that they were late, grand entrances were more of his style anyway.

He felt someone grab his hand and spun around to face Lysandra. She was stunning. Her pale green dress flowed down her tiny waist like grass in the wind, and her hair was tied up with small strands of that silky hair falling down her face.

"...Were you even listening?" She asked, putting both hands on her hips. Aedion blinked and looked up into her eyes.

He slid his arm around her waist casually, "Sorry."

Lysandra rolled her eyes with a small smile playing on her lips, "No, your not."

"I'm not," He admitted, she sighed and started fussing over his tie. Aedion leaned into her touch and whispered, "But that's only because I was too busy staring at the most beautiful women in this world."

Lysandra's pale face turned a rose color almost instantly, and Aedion couldn't stop the thoughts from swarming in his head that he was the one making her blush like this, him.

"I'm sorry about what's going to happen next," He bit his lip nervously, fidgeting with his hands. He was worried Aelin wasn't going to like Lysandra, and knowing she didn't approve would crush him.

She gave a cheeky smile, lifting her head a bit higher, "Don't worry, I'm sure your cousin can't be that bad."

Aedion forced himself to smile, pushing the doors open to the blaring music and populated room within, and hoped she was right.

[Additional Part]

Aedion sat on a chair lazily with punch in his hand, staring at the dance floor, utterly bored.

Aelin and Lysandra were still talking and laughing by the food, he instantly regretted introducing them to each other.

It's only been a few minutes and they already seem inseparable.

Aelin had known everything all along, knew he was sneaking out and knew with who. He honestly wasn't surprised, nothing got passed his cousin.

"Need something stronger, man?" Rowan chuckled, pointing at his drink. Smirking as an answer Rowan passed him the flask, and Aedion didn't bother asking what it was before taking a big swing.

"Trust me, I'm going to need it if I'm ever going to get those two apart," He huffed.

Leaving Rowan alone, Aedion strolled up to his cousin and girlfriend.

"Excuse me ladies," He looked pointedly at Aelin, "I'd like my date back, thank you very much."

Lysandra snorted and Aelin nudged her to him, "I won't keep her away any longer, I can smell Rowan sneaking in drinks from a mile away. I'm going to go help. Have fun, love birds."

Aedion came from behind and wrapped his hands around her waist and she swayed to the music.

"Want to dance?" Lysandra asked lovingly, staring into his eyes as if she could stare deep enough into his soul.

"Of course I'll dance with you," Aedion said, his voice filled with pure adoration, "All night, if you wish."

"Even if I step on your toes?"

"Even then."

He leaned in, brushing his mouth against her heated cheeks. She closed her eyes at the whisper of a kiss, at the hunger that ravaged her in his wake.

Aedion smiled then, "I love you, Lysandra. Until the end."

She blinked away the burning in her eyes, and instead clutched his hand. "Come on," She said, "Let's go dance."