chapter 16 - tease

~your p.o.v~

Dallas and I had become completely distracted from the fact that he was supposed to be walking me home and we were now just messing with each other and talking about random things. Dallas had his arm lazily draped around my shoulder as we walked.

"So, what do you think of the gang so far?" Dallas asked. I couldn't help but smile.

"I like all of em a whole lot." I answered.

"Any favorites so far?" He asked, smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"I wouldn't say I have a favorite but I've talked to Two-bit the most." I glanced over at Dallas and continued talking.

"I mean they're all my favorites for different reasons. Two-bit's hilarious and he seems to know how to lighten a mood, Ponyboy seems super mature for his age, Johnny is easy to bond with, Steve's pretty entertaining, Sodapop seems understanding and real nice, and Darry's very responsible and I admire that." I explained as I dragged my hand lazily across the fence we were walking by.

"What about me?" Dallas spoke. I stopped dragging my hand across the fence, chuckling to myself.

"Oh, you're for sure my least favorite." I joked. Dallas pulled me into his side and chuckled.

"Your body language says otherwise." 

"How?" I looked up at him, a smile on my face.

"Your lip bites, the way your face gets red around me, the way you lean in close to my face when you're teasing me. Don't think I didn't notice, doll." Dallas winked at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Oh come on, that doesn't mean anything." Out of habit I bit my lip as I felt my face heat up.

"See, right there! You're doin it right now!" He pointed out, we had now stopped walking as he pointed at my lips, exaggerating the fact that my face was red and I had bit my lip.

"Oh so I bite my lip, sue me!" I exclaimed dramatically. He laughed and I shoved his arm off of my shoulders, stubbornly crossing mine. I leaned against the fence we were by.

"It's not just the fact that you bite your lip. I know that if I made a move right now you wouldn't stop me, right?" Dallas mumbled in my ear. Chills went down my spine and I tried to play it off with a scoff. 

He stood in front of me now as I leaned against the fence. His eyes stared into mine and I didn't break eye contact.

"Am I wrong?" Dallas was inches away from my face as his fingers hooked into the belt loops of my jeans, pulling my waist closer to him. 

"Dallas..." I whispered a warning, unable to maintain eye contact anymore. He chuckled as his face got closer to mine. I looked up at his eyes momentarily and down at his lips. 

He bit his bottom lip.

"God, you're such a prick." I muttered, glancing to the side so I didn't have to stare at his lips anymore. 

I felt his breath fan across my lips and I let out a shaky breath, looking back up at him. He still had a stupid smirk on his face. If he spoke his lips would for sure brush against mine. 

I didn't know how I had gotten caught up in a situation like this. Here I was with one of the most well-known greasers in town and not to mention one of the most dangerous. Yet, part of me liked the thrill of it. 

"I'm just messing with you." He mumbled, his bottom lip brushed against my top one as he spoke and he backed away from me, a confident smirk on his face.

My fingers went up to my lips as I felt absolutely star-struck. He hadn't even kissed me but I knew my face was burning and I felt weak in my knees.

"Jesus, Dal..." I whispered, still staring at him with wide eyes.

"You sure know how to tease a girl." I muttered, continuing the walk in the direction of my house. 

"Yeah, it's a talent." I heard him call out from behind me. 

~Timeskip~

We finally made it to my house and I saw that there were no cars in the driveway. That was no surprise to me since Bob was most likely out with his friends and my mom and dad were probably out on a business trip.

I unlocked my door with my keys and opened it, turning back to Dallas and leaning against the doorframe. 

"So, I'll see you around?" I asked. Dallas chuckled and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"You bet." 

There was a silence between us for a moment as I stared off for a moment and Dallas looked at me in a puzzled manner.

"Unless you want me to come in?" I snapped out of my daze and looked back into his eyes.

"Huh? Sorry, I'm out of it." I muttered, rubbing the back of my neck. He rolled his eyes.

"I asked if you wanted me to come in." I gave him a confused look.

"Why would I want you to come in?" I asked. He pretended to look offended.

"Wow, how rude. You know I could give you the night of your life." He sent me a wink and now I was the one rolling my eyes.

"No thanks, Dallas." I muttered, slowly closing my door.

"You sure?" He yelled out jokingly. Before the door was completely shut I stuck my hand out and gave him the middle finger. I heard him laugh and I shut the door completely, leaning against the door for a moment. 

I made my way to my room and got ready for bed. All the while I couldn't get the thought of Dallas out of my mind. 

I ran my hand through my hair, sitting on my bed as my thoughts were completely taken over by Dallas. 

I tried to push all of the thoughts away and I got changed into pajamas. I shut off my bedroom light and got into bed, realizing it was already pretty late and I still had school tomorrow.

Even as I was falling asleep, the thought of Dallas Winston still lingered in my mind.