chapter 32 - worried

~your p.o.v~

I saw the anger in Dal's eyes. He was staring at Robert and both of them seemed ready for a fight.

"Oh, right on time! Looks like your boyfriend showed up like you said!" Robert exclaimed, throwing his head back to laugh. Dallas looked at me, giving me a puzzled look. I shrugged and urgently mouthed a 'help me'.

Dallas turned back to Robert, glaring daggers at him.

"Get outta here, Rob." He growled. Robert smirked.

"You really Y/n's boyfriend?"

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Dallas snapped.

"Makes sense. Ever since she's been around you she's done nothing but snap at me like you do." Robert chuckled.

All of the sudden Dallas reached into his back pocket and aimed a gun in Robert's direction. My eyes widened and I flinched.

"Get out of here." Dallas demanded. Robert held up his hands in surrender, chuckling again.

"Alright, alright." He dropped the cigarette between his fingertips and smashed it under his shoe. He turned away from us and began walking away.

I stared in shock as Robert walked away, afraid to move. My mind was moving a mile a minute, and all I felt was pure shock.

"You told Robert I was your boyfriend?" Dallas spoke up. I turned to him.

"I don't know why I said that, okay? I panicked, I needed some sort of threat. I know it was stupid." I defended myself.

"Just... Don't pull that again, alright?" Dallas muttered.

"I really didn't mean to lie and say we were in a relationship or anything, Dal-"

"No, that's not what I meant, idiot." He snapped. I shut up, waiting for him to finish.

"Just... When I saw him about to hit you I- just don't worry me like that, alright? The last thing I need is to have to worry about you going off and getting yourself killed or somethin." He muttered, clearly uncomfortable. I smiled.

"I'm sorry, did you just say you were worried?" He groaned.

"Don't make a big deal out of it, alright? Makes you seem stupid-"

"Oh no, I don't care about looking stupid now. Did the Dallas Winston just say he was worried? Gosh, this is shocking! I have to tell someone!" I made it over dramatic and he glared at me.

"You keep this shit up and next time I'll let Robert knock you out." Dallas snapped. I held my hands up.

"Alright, alright." I mumbled, shoving my hands in my back pockets.

"I'm surprised you're not more stressed about what just happened." Dallas stated. I sighed.

"No, it bothered me. I know Robert would've beat me black and blue. He's reckless. And that look in his eye when he was about to hit me, I wouldn't have been surprised if he killed me." I admitted.

"I'd like to see him try. The whole gang would kill him if he laid a finger on you. Wouldn't be surprised if they went after him." Dallas chuckled.

"Thanks for saving my ass back there, Dal."

"Don't worry about it."

"Well, I really should probably get home now-" Dallas cut me off.

"Or you should stay with me a little longer." He offered. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"You heard me." He ran a match on his necklace and lit a cigarette. I bit the inside of my cheek, knowing I had school tomorrow. He saw me debating it and rolled his eyes.

"Do you ever live a little? God, Robert wasn't lying when he said you were a goodie two shoes soc-"

"Oh, that's low." I laughed, shaking my head in disbelief. He smirked.

"Well come with me and prove him wrong, babe." Dallas challenged. I smirked back.

"Alright."

We began walking together, no longer heading back in the direction of the soc's side of the tracks.

"What's the plan?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Nothing legal." He threw his arm around my shoulders. I stole his cigarette from him and brought it up to my lips.

"Alright, but if we end up in the cooler I'm putting all the blame on you."

"Wow, and I thought you liked me." He teased, taking his cigarette back. I let out a whine of protest.

He looked down at me and blew smoke into my face.

"Wow, thanks. Is that your way of bonding with people or somethin, blowing smoke in their face?" I teased.

"Somethin like that." He joked. I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"Okay, now let's go break the law or something." I chuckled after my sentence and he did too.

"Sounds good, babe."