chapter 50 - i dare you

~your p.o.v~

Tipsy.

That's what I was at the moment. I wasn't full on drunk, but I was in the perfect sweet spot right before being absolutely hammered. I felt the liquid courage, but still was able to maintain a filter and hold back from doing something absolutely stupid.

Dallas and I were seated at the bar at Buck's. He wasn't full on drunk either.

This was Dal's way of trying to cheer me up. He decided to take me to get a drink. Or two. Or three.

We'd played a game of pool and I planned on going back to play another game.

"I'm gonna go play some more pool, Dal. Care to join me?" I asked, grabbing his arm lightly. He looked down at me, biting his lip as he considered the offer.

"No, I'll sit this game out." He decided, taking another sip of his beer. I shrugged.

"Suit yourself." I stood up and was about to head over to the pool table when Dallas grabbed my arm.

"Woah, hold on a second." I looked at him confused. He pulled something out of his pocket and slipped it into my back pocket.

"What was that?" I asked. He leaned in, mumbling in my ear. 

"It's a switch. This ain't exactly the safest place, so if anyone tries anything and things get outta hand, you gotta pull that on em." He leaned away and pat my shoulder. I nodded and made my way over to the pool table.

-

I finished up another game, smiling proudly when I won against the guy I was playing with.

I went back over to Dal, who had been watching from his seat at the bar. I gave him a cocky smirk, sitting down next to him.

"I'm pretty good, huh?"

He bit his lip, smirking. "Yeah, you're pretty good."

He leaned down to kiss me. As our lips were centimeters apart we were interrupted.

"If it isn't Y/n Sheldon! I've heard a lot about you." I have turned away from Dal, disappointed that I didn't get to continue the moment with him.

I saw a girl standing there. She was clad in a leather jacket, skinny jeans, and combat boots. Under he unzipped jacket was a white blouse, tied up to expose her stomach.  She was in shape and it was no wonder she wanted to show off her body.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked. I side glanced at Dallas and he looked irritated by the girl's presence.

"Name's Sylvia. You might've heard of me."

Sylvia.

I think I heard someone in the gang mention her once. Wasn't she Dal's ex girlfriend or something?

"The broad that two timed me in jail." Dallas mumbled. My mouth made an 'O' shape.

"Ah yes, Sylvia. I've heard some things around." I answered nonchalantly. She scoffed.

"Like what?"

"Oh, if I told you it'd just make you upset." I shrugged casually. Normally, situations like this would be a bit nerve-wracking, but the alcohol in my system gave me courage.

Also, I immediately disliked her due to the fact that she cheated on Dal.

"What was that?" She snapped, getting a little too close for comfort.

"Hey, ease up. Maybe you wanna take a step back and get out of my face." I spoke steadily and calmly. She smirked.

"Seems like you don't know what type of person I am." She crossed her arms.