chapter 30 - you suck

sorry it's a short chapter, I wrote this in the car since I'm stuck on a twelve hour car ride :))

~your p.o.v~

Cherry and I had met up at her house and had decided to go to the drive in. Once we had paid to get in we sat down, chatting as we only partly paid attention to the movie playing.

Our conversation was interrupted by feet being kicked up onto my chair. I turned around to see the one and only...

"Dal?" I was surprised to see him. He smirked.

"The one and only." He sent me a wink as he ran a match on his Christopher necklace, taking the match and lighting the cigarette between his lips.

Damn, he sure was attrac-

"You're starin." Cherry informed me. I snapped out of my daze and she gave me an amused smile that Dallas didn't see. She seemed to know what was going on.

"You dig him, huh?" She raised her eyebrows in an amused manner.

"That's a big accusation, Cherry. What makes you think I dig him?"

"Oh nothing, just the fact that you were practically drooling over the boy." She teased. I scoffed, my face heating up.

Cherry and I always had a close bond. Even before Bob and her started dating, she had always been a part of my life. We teased each other constantly and opened up to each other about personal things. We trusted one another.

"She's right, you are staring." I had barely noticed that Dallas had leaned forward and was listening to our conversation. Cherry jumped as I simply rolled my eyes.

"Don't flatter yourself, Dal." I muttered.

"I don't need to flatter myself, I think you drooling over me is already flattering enough, babe." He smirked, bringing his cigarette up to his lips. I raised my eyebrows, amused.

"Babe? That's new."

"I could say the same about you calling me Dal." He shot back, shrugging and leaning back in his seat. I smirked and shoved his feet off my chair. He stood up and so did I.

We were face to face and he smirked, blowing smoke into my face.

"You've got some nerve, soc." He leaned closer to me. I gave him an innocent smile.

"I could say the same about you, hood." I responded. He chuckled to himself and sat back down.

I sat back down, turning my attention back to the movie and Cherry.

Of course moments later I felt feet being kicked up onto the back of my chair. I sighed, stood up, and walked around to the row Dallas was sitting in.

I sat down next to him, leaning one of my elbows onto the back of the chair and turned towards Dallas, smiling triumphantly.

"Why do you look so proud of yourself?" He questioned. I shrugged, the smug smile still remaining on my face.

"Well I mean now you're not gonna kick your feet up on my chair if I'm sitting next to you." I explained, confidence evident in my voice.

He simply grinned at me, causing my confident demeanor to fall for a moment.

"What are you smilin for-" Before I could finish getting the words out of my mouth, Dallas suddenly turned his chair towards me, scooted closer to me,

And kicked his feet.

Across my legs.

"For God's sake," I muttered, my face falling into my hands in defeat, "You just don't quit, huh?" I spoke through my hands. I heard Dallas chuckle.

"What can I say? I'm not a quitter." I looked over in his direction only for smoke to blow in my face.

I've noticed he likes to blow smoke into people's faces a whole lot. He does it with Johnny all the time, too.

"You suck." I mumbled, resting my head on my hand as I looked at him. He raised his eyebrows, clearly amused.

"Well that's not what you said the other night." He said nonchalantly. My eyebrows furrowed and I felt my heart drop.

"What are you talking about?"

"When you and Two-bit were drunk out of your minds, you admitted having feelings for a certain guy in the gang." He crossed his arms, smirking. I couldn't help but let my jaw drop in shock. Cherry laughed in front of us, since she was now turned around watching the situation.

"You're kidding, right?" Please tell me this is a joke. I didn't remember everything about that night, and I sure as hell didn't remember that.

"No, I'm not."

"Damn it-" I whined softly, running a hand through my hair "-Listen Dal, I was drunk like you said and I just thought you were attractive and said something about it. Hell, I don't even remember it! So don't go takin it to heart or anything." I defended myself, feeling my face heating up the more I spoke. He shrugged.

"Alright, whatever you say." I could tell he was just trying to mess with me now.

"I hate you." I muttered, turning back to the movie and shoving his legs off of my lap. He chuckled and immediately placed his legs back in the same place.

"Sure you do."